Chapter Three: Keith

"It was a question I had worn on my lips for days -like a loose thread on my favorite sweater I couldn't resist pulling- despite knowing it could unravel around me; 'Do you love me?' I ask. In your hesitation, I found my answer." -Lang Leav

When I was 8 years old I starred in a play at the local theatre of the city I was living in. I wasn't as famous then as I am now and my acting wasn't as advanced as it is now. When I went on I stumbled over a longer word. My mom was backstage and I could feel her glare. The silence after my mistake felt like it lasted years and it suffocated me.

This is worse. I'm leaning against my kitchen counter. Kol hadn't said a word since he announced he'd be telling me all of Kaden's secrets. He was just looking right at Kaden with glazed over eyes. Kaden's expression matches Kol's in an eerie way. The differences between them are only in Kol's lip piercings, and clothes. I eye the two warily, waiting for some words to be spoken.

"S'il vous plaît , ne vous sentez pas mal à l'aise belle . Il est mon frère, j'ai des problèmes avec , pas vous. Jamais vous . Dites-moi , parlez-vous français ?"  Kol looks right into my eyes and I find myself feeling a spark of attraction towards him and the foreign words.. Hot. That was incredibly hot.

"No, she doesn't speak french." Kaden says the words quietly. His shoulders had slightly slumped. Making him appear shorter.

"Jasmine, my name is Kol Kingston." Kol introduces himself and puts his hand out for a handshake. I slightly lean away from him. I was still reeling from the french. He keeps his hand out. I take it feeling a bit awkward. What do you say to the brother of the guy you have feelings for.

"I'm Jasmine." I tell him, trying to smile. Succeeding in one that was practiced for pushy fans or the press.

"I know." He tells me with a dangerous look in his blue-green eyes. "I am a big fan. I actually knew all about you're acting and modeling before Kaden met you and I felt the connection."

"What do you mean connection?" I step away from Kol and tug my hand away. If he was a fan I have to figure out which kind. Pushy or Nervous. So far his attitude pointed toward the former.

"Really, he hasn't even told you about our secret? No mention of a curse?" I swallow. The words he was using... My heart breaks as I realize this is all apart of some prank or tv show or something. It has to be with him talking like this. I should've seen this earlier. My gut instinct was all wrong. I had sobbed into a camera no doubt. I swallow thickly and push down any and all expressions on my face. I could at least clean this mess up. I know how to make it look like I don't care. Even when I'm dying on the inside. Locking my feelings into a box.

"Just turn around now." I speak the words blankly. Saying them in a steady rhythm. I walk towards the front door while they both fake surprise. "Cause you're not welcome anymore."

"Jasmine," Kaden's voice is full of fake innocence. "Love, I don't know what you're talking about, but sweetie I can see that ugly wall you're building behind your eyes again and-"

"No." Kol glares straight into my eyes. He shakes his head repeatedly. "This isn't how this is going to happen. I am not going to have my soulmate walk out on me. It's not happening."

"I don't know what the hell you two are talking about. You need to pack up you're crazy and leave." My voice is slightly faltering and I swallow again. Where had the oscar winning actress go?

"I am not crazy." Kol states with a deep pain in his eyes. His voice slightly raised. Major history there. "You haven't even listened yet. You haven't listened to everything I have to tell you. Please, ma douce disparition."