Chapter Five: Flashbacks, Italian Food, and Jealousy

"Drive me crazy. Drive me all night."

"All set?" I ask coming out of the house after updating Kelly about what was happening. I actually miss her just a little. Mostly because I haven't seen her in a while and I'm used to having her around. She is on her way here. We need to talk in person.

"I don't think I've ever felt more manly in my life." His tone is serious. He juts his hip out and adjust the shoulder bag with his right hand. I laugh loudly. He had been trying to keep me in a good mood while we packed. Making jokes about every dress I owned. Not rudely, but teasing the color. It had been annoying but once I let myself, the sweetness of it had me pushing down a blush and laughing.

My laugh was so painfully depressing. Growing up as an actress I have trained my voice and laugh and every move is meant to be attractive and poised. She stole my laughter from me. No, I could've said no. I could have voiced that I didn't want to be an actress. The urge to make her proud was too strong. My mother is just a pin for my out of control feelings.

"That looks good on you." I tell him sweetly and walk over to lean against his truck. I have no idea how he got this car into my driveway without attracting attention. Paint splattered. A mix of blue and black. I had been completely shocked at the sight. My eyes blinking. My mouth in an 'o.' Black rims, paint splattered.

"For some reason my spidey sense says you're lying." Kol smirks and puts the bag into his trunk and closes it up. "Is that true, ma douce disparition?"

"If it is?" There's a dare in his voice a challenge. He is saved from responding as I spy the familiar silver non-descript car slowing in front. Kelly gets out running a hand through her hair. She reaches into the car and pulls out her clipboard. Her steps towards me are fast. She bites her lip once she makes it to me.

"Kelly," I greet. She has long blonde hair and pretty brown eyes. Dark honey against pale skin and natural platinum blonde hair. She has an adorable shy quality about her, paired with her submissive nature. She is the perfect little virgin. If you take away her dark mascara covered eyelashes and sinful cherry lips. If I was into girls...

"Jasmine." Her voice is stiff. She is wearing a pretty skirt and a pair of heels that make her height match mine. She touches at her neck for a moment before swallowing thickly and pulling the clipboard to her chest. My body language classes had been very valuable to me in the past but now more than ever. I had taken them along with a lot of other ones as a kid. Between acting jobs.

"Something wrong, Kelly?" I approach her with my palms out to show I'm harmless. Kol looks on with the quiet indifference he carried around the moving guys. Not speaking. His eyes a calculating swirl of blue-green.

"Just get it over with." Her voice is hard. She catches my eye but quickly looks away after a moment.

"Okay." I nod. We both pause for a moment.

"Well?" She prods.

"I have no idea what you're expecting." I glare slightly. Huffing and adjusting myself to settle my hands on my hips.

"Fire me already!" The burst causes me to jump. Kol straightens more and raises a brow. Bastard. He can raise one brow at a time! Kelly finally locks eyes with me for more than a moment and bursts into tears. Sobbing. I jump back a step raising my hands high into the air and looking to Kol for some reason for the crying. He tilts his head and watches on curiously.

"Um..." I trail the word out for a moment while walking towards her. I awkwardly pat her back. "There, there."

"I really love this job-ob." She hiccups and pulls me close for a hug. I freeze. Feeling like a cat when all their hair is up. I slightly relax and let her take comfort from me. She sniffs. "I need the security of the money from this job. I like to be busy. I really love this job."