Chapter 19: Sebastian

Chapter Nineteen: Sebastian

"'What was it like to lose him?'

It was like every goodbye ever said to me,

Said all at once."

     I watch Christian warily. As does the guys in the room. We all look at him. Waiting silent. We wait for him to explain. He just keeps his eyes on the floor. I am about to ask him to explain when he starts talking. Looking straight at me.

     "17 years ago, my mother died. Her death certificate says she died from childbirth. Everyone knows everyone in this town. My mother was out walking back from a baby store, waiting for my father to pick her up. Two men tried to get money from her. My father suspects it was the Huckleberry twins.

     "They needed cash. But my mother refused. She needed the money for me. Her son." He pauses. His voice cracking. He coughs. Pushing up his glasses. "They got angry. So they hit her over the head with a brick. She stayed conscious as they stole all the cash on her. She felt her water break as she was laying on the ground in a dirty alley. My father got there a few minutes later. Took her to the hospital.

     "She died before she could say who robbed her. And before she could push me out of her." A tear drips down his face. "The doctors cut my body out of her. They acted like my father was crazy. They didn't do a thing about the Huckleberry twins. And eventually no one cared anymore."

     "Christian," I suck in a breath. Stepping toward him. I grasp his shoulders and pull him to me. Rubbing his back soothingly. "That wasn't your fault."

     "Christian." Kadens deep voice repeats in my tone. He puts his arms around both of us. "Poor thing. You can be apart of our pack."

     "I agree." Keith says lowly. Hugging Christians back. His arms grasping around to me. I smile at them. Proud. My eyes settle on Christian, slightly widening. I've never seen someone so uncomfortable in my life. Ever.

    "Okay," I tell them loudly. Pulling away from Christian, taking Kaden with me. "Time for Christian to get settled. We have to tell him that you are..."

    "Werewolves." Christian supplies. I look at him with wide eyes. He knows?

    "How the fuck did you figure that out?" Killian bursts. Looking at me suspiciously. I put my hands up. Showing my palms. I didn't say a thing.

    "Well, you just confirmed it for me." He says. His eyes lock onto my shoulder.

    "You're so smart." I tell him at the same time Kaden says.

    "You know everything."

    "Thanks." Christian looks at the ground and pushes up his glasses. His ears turn red. I hide a smile. Nodding.

    "Have you figured out everything, then?" Killian asks grumbling. Kol slings an arm around his shoulder. Raising an eyebrow at Christian curiously.

    "Not everything." He says quietly looking around quickly before locking eyes on my chin. I walk forward and tilt my head toward my bedroom. I walk in and sit on my bed. Crossing my legs. Christian stands looking around, while also keeping an eyes on the guys. I don't blame him, if I wasn't sure I could beat them all up, I'd be scared of the giants to.

    "I want to catch our newest pack member up. Why don't you guys go back to sleep?" I ask. Looking at the slight dark circles under their eyes. Killian leans into Kol against the wall. Keith furrows his eyebrows from his spot in the doorway. Kaden stands next to Christian.