Chapter Fourteen: Strange Occurrences

"Man is born to trouble,

As the sparks fly upward."

"It's not what it looks like." Kol bursts. Grinning devilishly. Killian had been helping Kol pour more cookies onto a cookie sheet. At least a dozen already done cookies sit on the counters. Kaden had been the one to exclaim what the fuck.

"It looks like you guys are making cookies without me. And it looks like you weren't going to fucking share." Kaden looks so serious. I smile into my hand. Holding in laughter.

"Okay." Kol allows. His blue green eyes twinkle. "So, maybe it's what it looks like. Jasmine was going to get some though."

"Not us?" Keith's voice makes me jump. He stands beside me. Looking stoic. Stock still and just as serious.

"Killian, Kol," I say walking forward into the kitchen. "I thought you liked to share." I tease. Finding a clear spot on the counter.

"Not everything." Killian's eyes flash down to my legs. I cross them. "I don't share more than I have to with Kaden and Keith."

"Oh." I squirm slightly under his intense stare. "Keith, come here?"

He walks over. It blocks off Killian's view of my legs. His eyes stay where they are for a moment before moving. Did Killian just check out Keith's butt? I ask myself. Feeling confused. I focus on Keith.

"How is Killian related to you?" I ask the question that's been bugging me. Keith and Kaden don't ever say he is their brother. Most of the time they just refer to him as Kol's best friend.

"When my parents died his family took us in. He changed his last name to our pack name. It's something you have to do as a werewolf. We weren't old enough to figure out an alpha and never really decided. Killian and Kol have been friends since they were kids." Keith relays everything back in a monotone voice. Not sounding like someone announcing that his parents are dead. Like he is reading from a book. A deep pain in his eyes has my hand fluttering to his shoulder without my consent.

"I'm so sorry." I look up at the rest of the guys. "To all of you."

"Are you going to share your cookies with us or what?" Kaden asks after a moment. A grin on his face. It's forced but it calms the tension. Everyone seems to be relieved at the drop in subject.

"You can have one." Killian nods. Kaden grabs five and shoves one in his mouth winking.

"He said one Kaden." Kol pouts his lip. I bite my lips watching them.

"Wait, hold on. One isn't the new five?" Kaden pretends to look really offended. "I knew that woman was a liar. She also told me black was slimming." He motions to his black graphic tee.

I laugh. Kol shakes his head. Killian finishes pouring the cookies onto the cookie sheet. Keith's reaction surprises me.

"You look," He pauses. As if thinking hard. "On fleek, brother." Kol and I start laughing at the same time. Killian and Kaden joining us. Keith smiles.

~~~

"I am fucking going with her!" Killian says sternly. I let my head tip off the edge of the bed. The blood rushes to my head. Killian's bed is the only one big enough to fit all five of us. Kaden has my legs on his lap. Kol plays with my hand and will pause to speak. Before going back to tracing my knuckles. Keith sits next to me. Killian has my top half in his lap.

"She is our alpha." Keith speaks up. "She will make the rules."
"Yes I will." I sit up fast. Killian puts a hand on my back. "Killian and Kol get the class after lunch and Kaden and Keith get the class before."