Chapter 6:Killian

Chapter Six: Killian

"A broken mirror, is like a broken heart. It's better to leave it broken, than to hurt yourself trying to fix it."

"Home sweet home." Keith's voice causes me to jump and turn to him. I look up at him. We had turned down the road and drove the mile long driveway to the two story dark blue house.

"Not for forever." I tell him. He nods. I yawn and head to the back for a bag that had all the information and keys to the house. The movers couldn't get the boxes and furniture to the new house until Thursday.

Today is Monday. Wow. It's been four days since I've met Kaden. I move the tan suitcase over and find a dark blue big handbag. Looking through the contents I find a silver house key and a packet of information on the house and the prices. When I'm in a night shoot and the director is a pain, the time spent usually increases by a few hours. I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Exhaustion. I yank the tape off of the key. I don't bother grabbing any of the clothes or anything to bring inside.

I pass Keith and walk up the 6 steps to the front door. I look around and find myself in a long hallway. Soft black carpet covers the floors. Walking to the end I can either go to the left or right. In front of me is a large kitchen. Counters all along the wall with empty spaces where the oven and fridge would go. Left or right? I choose right. Hearing footsteps I look back at the front door. Keith enters and closes it. Holding my phone and a small blanket that isn't familiar. His?

I walk down the right hallway and find myself with two options. A door to my right and one right in front of me. I push open both and feel the warmth of Keith's body behind me. The door on my right is a huge open space with big windows along the wall. In front of me it looks like a master bedroom and a couple doors inside seem to be for a bathroom and closet. Both are opened and from the space I can see. The one in the corner of the room is a closet with hardwood floor. The one on the other side of the far wall in front of me is a bathroom. I can tell from the light gray tile.

"I forgot about having no place to lay down." I say out loud as I observe the dark blue carpet. It looks so soft. My eyes droop. Keith moves past me and lays the blanket on the ground. He moves to the small window in the bathroom and closes and locks it. I watch him. Leaning heavily against the doorway.

"Sleep. I will lock up and get your clothes inside." Keith's voice forces my eyes to spring open. I shake my head. His deep voice is gruff and incredibly reserved.

"No. I have to call Kelly and tell her I'm here and ask what I should do." After saying it I realized how reliant I sounded. It would probably bug me more later. Right now, all I wanted was a bed. I force myself out of my slouched position and force a smile. My eyes brighten as I force myself into a character I played in a short play when I was younger. My lips taking on a bright smile. The sun is harsh against my stinging eyes. "Where did my phone go?"

He pulls it out of his pocket and hands it over. His fingertips brush mine and he pulls his hand back fast. I hide my offence. No reason to be offended he didn't try to touch me as much as his brothers. I dial one and call. Speed dial is beautiful.

"Jasmine." Her voice is groggy and I can hear traffic.

"Are you driving?" I ask my voice slightly alarmed. Why is she answering her phone while she drives?

"Stop light."

"Okay, then I'll make this quick. I am at my new house and I don't have a bed. The electricity is on I think. I can hear the hum of an air conditioner."

"Shower. The water was turned on yesterday. Shower and change into... yellow sundress. Wedges should be in one of your bags or suitcases. Get dressed and the go get some breakfast and coffee. You haven't slept at all, right?" I hum. "After that... Get a comforter and I might be able to hurry up the movers to get there tomorrow. Probably Wednesday. Spend the day resting. You can spend today sleeping. Tomorrow you and I will get you enrolled in the high school here and you can go to your parents diner. Wait actually go there after showering. I'll send a tweet from your account that you are eating brunch there."