Chapter Twenty: The End

"Sometimes new beginnings,

Are disguised as painful endings."

Sebastian

I smirk as I walk out of the werewolf den with my head high. Once the door slams shut I sprint to my right. I'm too drunk on werewolf blood to use any speed I inherited when I was turned. I laugh as I run, recalling the rage of the werewolf's face as I drank his pretty little wolf girl dry. I stumble as I hear the wolves slamming through the door.

"SEBASTIAN YOU WRETCHED ANIMAL!" Eddie's voice is full of anger and is slightly breathy as he pants running after me. I pump my legs faster.

"Ironic, that you tell me that isn't it?" I chide in a normal talking voice. He growls loudly. "Don't worry, mut! She is only close to death. If you get her to a pack doctor I'm sure she'll be fine!" The smile on my face turning into a smirk.

"SEBASTIAN-" He goes into a rant and I tune him out. A strong scent of vanilla has me slowing. I start running towards it as a sort of build up in my mind starts. I run with vigor. My breath coming out in pants. I see her. My eyes light the night as their red comes to the surface. I stop in front of her. The wolves long forgotten. Way behind.

Surrounding her are four guys. Two on each side. All at least a head taller than me. I'm 6'5 and that's damn tall. Our eyes lock and my breathing stops. Her eyes are two of the rarest gems I have ever seen. Blue a deep blue. A pounding starts in my head. A sort of far off yelling. Her head tilts adorably as she looks at me with interest. I suddenly feel self conscious. My height and build nothing compared to her. Her long legs are on show in a short black skirt. She wears a sexy blouse and tall heels that make her closer to my height. I lick my lips and worry over blood being on my collar.

I would look, but I can't seem to take my eyes off of her. I walk closer to her, not really being able to help it. My whole body wants to be closer to her. There is a yelling in my mind. A word being repeated. The men around her tense and one of them steps in front of her. Growling threateningly. I look into his face and recognition flashes in his eyes. My fangs snap out as I see his body blocking hers from me.

"Hey there, asshole. Move the hell out of the way."

"Sebastian?" I glare at him.

"Move." I don't really think I can take the wolf. He is much more built than any I've fought before. I will try if he doesn't move.

"Are you going to hurt her?" Is he still in my way?

"No." I tell him impatiently. He tilts his head. Then finally moves to the side. She furrows her eyebrows at me. She looks about 19 maybe 20. Her long black hair is slightly moving in the breeze. I walk towards her again. Her lips part as the light hits my face. Finally the yelling in my mind turns into a word. One word.

"Beloved."

"What?"