Chapter 7

"If you knew about her condition then why did you accuse her of being after Luna's position?"

"I never accused her of anything. When my family and friends came to know that Angelina likes me, I told them that she is not my mate. So, they assumed that Angelina must be pretending to be my mate just to get Luna's position."

"And you never corrected them?" I interrupt him.

He further explains, "Before I could correct them, I was informed that Kurt had escaped the prison. And finding him was more important than correcting my family and friends. That night, when we were searching for Kurt, I came across you and I wanted you to stay away from me. I didn't know that Dad would invite you to stay at the pack house. He wanted us to get together so I used his assumptions against himself and told him that you were trying to fool him just like Angelina."

I stop walking and turn to face Alarick. "Have you told you parents and friends the truth about Angelina?" I question.

"No. I haven't."

"Then you should."

"I will."

We resume walking towards my pack.

*

As I enter my pack house, Darius starts teasing me. "So, Alarick accompanied you again. What's going on between you two?" 

"Nothing is going on between us," I tell him.

"I don't believe you."

"Then don't."

"Clarick forever!" He shouts in excitement.

"Clarick?" I ask in confusion.

"Your and Alarick's ship name," he answers.

I shake my head in amusement. 

Darius continues having fun with me. "Clarick is a better ship name or Chrick?"

I throw the cushion pillow at him which he easily catches. "Stop with these shipping names."

"Okay. Enough talk about you and Alarick," Matt says as he enters the living room. "You went to Dawnfall Depths Pack two times in a row. Couldn't you get Anne here?"

"If you want to see her then go to her. I'm sure that Mr. and Mrs. West won't stop their future son-in-law from meeting their daughter," I tease him.

"I know they won't stop me because they know I'm their daughter's mate but what about Anne? What will I say when she asks why I have come to meet her?"

"She won't ask you anything."

"What makes you think that?"

"Because she'll be busy drooling over your body," I resume the teasing but what I'm stating is a fact.

"Is it true?" He asks with hopeful eyes. But then his eyes turn serious. "Or are you kidding with me?"

"I'm not kidding! It's true! She looks at you as if you are a piece of meat!"

Matt turns his face away. 

"Matt, there's something on your face," I tell him.

He faces me again. "What?" He asks as he runs his hands over his face.

"Blush," I answer. Darius and I share a laugh while Matt shakes his head at us.

"For a moment, Matt's face resembled a bright red tomato," Darius comments.

I nod my head, agreeing with him.

*

After a few days, we are informed that Lunar Canines Pack is organising The Socials. I should be looking forward to the gathering because for the first time I won't be the only female leader present. But I'm a little hesitant because I'm going to see the sister of the person who was killed by my mate.

I have met Alpha Lucy twice. At the Socials when she was declared Alpha and at her brother's funeral.