Fangirl

- Rainbow Rowell

# "Are you on drugs?"

"No."

"Maybe you should be."

# It had taken years to put themselves back together, and so what if some things didn't get put back in their right place? At least they could hold themselves up.

Most of the time.

# "It isn't that simple.''

"It is for me."

# Try not worrying, it's an amazing way to be.

# Smiling is confusing, she thought. That's why I don't do it.

# Just... isn't giving up allowed sometimes? Isn't it okay to say, "This really hurts, so I'm going to stop trying."

# "I just don't want to."
"Don't want to what? "
" Anything. I don't want to anything. I don't even want to start this day because then I'll be expected to finish it."

# All I want to do is to make it right, to make you see how sorry I am and why you should give me another chance. I just want to know - are you rooting for me? Are you hoping I pull this off?

# To really be a nerd, she'd decided, you have to prefer fictional world over the real one.

# She didn't want him to think he has that much power over her.

# "I don't want to be a hero."
"Liar."
"Today. I don't want to be a hero today. "

# She was the worst kind of out of control - the kind that thinks it's just fine, thanks.

# "What's the plan? "
" My plan is to do things that make you want to hang out with me again tomorrow. What's your plan? "
" I'm going to try not to make an ass of myself. "
" So we're all set. "

# " You're extra nice. With everyone. You go out of your way to make everyone feel special. "
" Well, what's wrong with that? "
" How is anyone supposed to know they are special? How was I supposed to know you weren't just being nice? "