Part 11 -Be Adventurous

Part 11 –Be Adventurous

"O people! Fear Allah with regard to your wives. You have taken them into your possession with the permission of Allah."

After they arrived in Swaziland, which in itself was no easy feat, they checked into their lodge. They sat in their SUV, growing irritable as the minutes ticked by. The dwindling heat of the sun made it no easy task to wait for three hours either. Zaakir grew frustrated at the wait, but knew that he had to come to Swaziland to do the one thing that he had always wanted to do. It was one of the things on his unofficial, unwritten bucket list. He had done two things on that unofficial bucket list already.

While they waited, he watched Maleeha silently and discreetly. He couldn't understand his fascination with her. He was drawn to her unique mannerisms, her unusual ways and style of arguments. She was different from what he was used to, but he couldn't understand why she enraptured him at times.

Her All Star covered feet rested on his dashboard –which was something he abhorred as it was close to being a pet peeve of his, but he knew telling her would only encourage her to do it again –her dark blue jeans were tucked into her high tops and the long shirt that she wore curled around her waist. Her scarf was wrapped prettily and didn't move at all throughout the day, despite the fact that she wore her sunglasses sporadically and fell asleep once or twice. After their lunch, she immersed herself in her book while he put on the radio for something to listen to, to prevent him from going mad, or worse, pick a fight with Maleeha. However, it did nothing to distract him from Maleeha –who sat less than a foot away from him, and yet remained unattainable.

When they finally arrived at the lodge, Zaakir was famished and very tired. The drive itself wasn't too long, nor was it far, but it was just tiring to wait. After her parked the car, he went to check them in and get their keys. "Come," he said once he parked their car outside their lodge room, underneath the shelter allocated to their room number. "It is a bit small," he told her slightly awkward. "Two bedrooms, one en-suite bathroom and the other one is for you. There is a little table inside, with coffee and tea and a kettle. Lastly, there is a little lounge area leading outside to our patio."

She listened to his very basic descriptions. "So, I assume you are takin g the master suite?"

He knew that that would be the only thing to catch her attention. She hated being told what to do, and there he had just decided for her. "Of course. I am older than you are." He turned over his shoulder and tossed her a cheeky grin.

She rolled her eyes at him as she carried in their vanity bags as well as her shoe bag. When he opened the door, she was greeted by a fresh pine scent. It was less of a lodge, and more of a wooden cabin. The room was square shaped and had a very natural theme to it. Nearly everything was constructed out of wood -chairs, tables and furnishing. Opposite the door, were huge glass doors encased in African Blackwood, which Maleeha presumed led to the patio Zaakir spoke about. Walking in further, she was greeted immediately by the first room with two smaller beds on either side of the room separated by a table between them, opposite the small room was the bathroom she supposed was for her. Zaakir had dropped her luggage off there before he walked in further, with her following behind him.

The master suite was not that much bigger than her room. It had a queen sized bed, a set of cupboards to the right of the bed and a small dressing table opposite the foot of the bed. Maleeha shrugged. She wasn't really losing out on much, and it meant that she wouldn't get to see Zaakir walk around the room in a towel.