Part 14 -Truths

Part 14 –Truths

"Al-Miqdam ibn Al-Aswad reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, would come during the night and he would greet with peace such that those who were sleeping would not be awakened but those who were awake would hear it."

~Muslim

Zaakir showered and dressed and then went to wake Maleeha up. He helped her into the shower, took out her bag for her and set it on her bed so that she wouldn't have to bend and search for what she needed. After she showered, he went to the bathroom, knocked on the door and then carried her to her room.

As she dressed, he made her a cup of coffee and packed up her toiletries in the bathroom and readied his bags, waiting on her. When she opened up her bedroom door, he offered her the cup of coffee and helped her to sit on a chair. "Do you want me to bandage it up again? It's going to be a long drive to Nelspruit – I mean, it's like three and a half hours at most, but if you're in pain it will seem like a lifetime."

She weighed her options as she sipped the coffee. "Please," she decided eventually. "Wrap it up again."

Zaakir packed the car and passed her handbag and waited for her to finish her cup of coffee before he fetched the first aid kit and the make-shift bandage. He wrapped her up and they started their journey. Zaakir made sure to give Maleeha some painkillers, once again, and then left. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he was extremely concerned about her. He didn't want her to get sick or hurt. Throughout the drive, he constantly glanced at her, making certain that she was breathing and sleeping well, unhindered.

When he eventually reached Nelspruit, a beautiful city in the Mpumalanga province, Zaakir sighed with relief. He drove immediately to the hospital and got Maleeha admitted as soon as he was able to.

Zaakir and Maleeha spent three days in the hospital. Maleeha was merely terribly bruised, she suffered with a fever but thanks to Zaakir helping cool her down, or heat her up in the car drive to the hospital, it had helped her tremendously. She didn't hurt her internal organs too badly, and after a day and a half in the hospital, they were told that she could go to a hotel room but Zaakir would need to be vigilant. Between husband and wife, it was decided that they would not discharge Maleeha until she was given one hundred percent clearance from the hospital.

It was on the third day, that they were told that she could resume her normal, active lifestyle again. She would be able to go rock-climbing and all other extreme activities, as long as she stayed hydrated and ate regular meals.

"So, what's on the agenda for today?" Maleeha asked excitedly as she strapped herself in the car.

Zaakir shot her a bewildered look. "You're going to rest today."

She let out a gasp. "Nope. No way. Let's do something." She gave him a pouting, pleading look. "Nelspruit is so beautiful. There are so many waterfalls where you can walk right up to the mouth and dip your feet in. There are natural rock pools that formed from the rivers. There are so many scenic routes and places to go to. Please, let's do something!" Her chocolate eyes were almost filled with tears.

Zaakir groaned loudly, and wondered how he had ended up giving into her request. "Fine, but you are going now to the hotel room and going to have a shower and then we will go."

In her glee, she leaned over and excitedly pressed a cheek to his stubbly cheek. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" she repeated over and over, not even realising her action, nor Zaakir's reaction to that innocent kiss.