Part 13 -Bucket Lists

AN: I'm so sorry for the long delay! I had this written, and then lost it completely.

Part 13 – Bucket Lists

"The Prophet S.A.W said: 'If you spend an amount you will be rewarded for it -even when you lift the morsel to your wife's mouth.'"

"What the hell are you doing?" Maleeha reiterated when Zaakir didn't reply at first. He was experiencing a myriad of emotions, the most obvious one was relief. Then, he was thankful for her waking up so easily.

"Zaakir!" she said angrily and then sneezed.

At long last, he was shaken out of his reverie. "I'm saving your life, obviously. Not that you're grateful about it or anything," he exhaled irritably.

"Obviously," she scoffed sarcastically.

Zaakir merely rolled his eyes at her, but it was lost on her as he still held her waist lightly. He was annoyed with her, but he was still concerned for her. He didn't want her to end up with worse injuries if he suddenly let her go and she slipped in the bathroom. "Can you stand on your own?" he asked reigning in his anger at her rude behaviour.

Maleeha let out a sarcastic huff. "What do you mean? I am standing on my own!" she said to him slowly as if he were dumb.

Zaakir made a sound that was between a snort and laugh. Casually, he lifted his hand and gestured to the way she was leaning entirely on his body, where no space remained between them. Maleeha flushed a furious red and hastily stumbled away from him, only to land up slipping and falling back into his arms as she hit her head on the side glass panel of the shower, which in turn caused him to bump his head into the corner frame of the shower. "Ow, damn!" he swore irascibly, annoyed. Upon impact, one hand snaked around her waist, keeping her safely against his body while he used his free hand to rub his injured head. "Can't you just answer a question properly?" he clicked his tongue angrily.

"I'm sorry," she apologised, letting her tears roll down her cheeks and melt into the shower.

Zaakir let her go once he saw that she was steady on her feet. "Whatever," he said dismissively. "Just get done, and be careful." He looked at her, rolled his eyes and stepped out of the shower with his dripping clothing.

Maleeha was working on Zaakir's nerves. Each time he tried to do the right thing, or tried to be nice, she ended up throwing it back in his face. Or worse, she would end up doing something that completely frustrated him. He would end up screaming at her or make her feel worse than she already felt. He didn't want to be a monster, but somehow Maleeha just triggered the worst side of him. Zaakir didn't want her to be miserable in their marriage and he didn't want her to feel as if she was a burden on him, but they were just too different to be compatible. They were a train wreck waiting to happen.

Maleeha was angry and sad and upset, she was despondent. She missed her mother and her heart was craving for her mother's love and affection. Marriage was turning out to be a nightmare for her. She knew it was never going to be a fairy tale. Her dreams of a fairy tale filled love was long time dashed. That was why she just settled to marry Zaakir. She knew that she could never marry. Her heart was broken long before Yahya walked into her picture, into her story. She could never have pictured someone else by her side after that disaster. He was everything she had ever wanted. Yahya had her heart fluttering, but she knew it would never be the same.

She settled.

She had compromised on her happiness. Her father had begged her to marry Zaakir for their sake. Her mother was ailing and aging, her father was getting older and they were concerned for her happiness. Would she ever be happy?