Part 12 - Accidents

Part 12 – Accidents

"Narrated by Aisha {R.A}, 'Allah's Apostle said to me, "I am to you as Abu Zar was to his wife Um Zar.'"

~ Bukhari

*FULL HADITH AT THE END! Please read it!

Zaakir paced his room angrily. What was bothering him, he couldn't say. He didn't even understand what it was that was making him feel uncomfortable.

The brown haired man's words kept ringing in his ears. "Pretty girl." That was what he kept calling his Maleeha. Zaakir couldn't stand to be another minute in the room with her and her friends, especially if that was the way they were going to be flirting.

It had irritated him to find that they were flirting with her so casually, disrespecting the fact that he was with her in the room, that her husband was with her in her room. He was Zaakir Hussain, he was meant to be noticed and paid attention to! Not ignored!

He could not understand how none of them were affected by him, or even frightened of him, how none of them even felt threatened by him. Instead, they were just like Maleeha as they threatened him. How?

With a smile, he realised that his wife had rubbed off on them. After five years of them all being together, they were bound to be so similar, and they were bound to be just like his feisty Maleeha. The smile only broadened when he remembered the animalistic need to let everyone know that she was his as he wrapped his arm around her waist and kiss her temple. Zaakir knew that Maleeha wanted to murder him for that stunt, but the need and urge to let the big oaf know that Maleeha was his wife -and that he would not be sharing her with anyone else.

She was his pretty girl!

His caveman behaviour was baffling to him. He couldn't understand why he wanted to show her friends that she was his wife, that he was the one who got to hold her and comfort her. Zaakir had never been the jealous type, he was never the possessive type. He believed that what was meant for him will come to him, and what was not meant for him will never come to him. He believed it whole heartedly. So, why did Maleeha affect him so badly?

In just about five days, he was so possessive over her. It made no sense in his head.

Maleeha sighed as she loosened her scarf and threw herself back on the pillows of her bed. On one hand she was beyond annoyed with Zaakir and his weird behaviour, and on the other hand, she was broken hearted. Her mother was getting weaker and sicker, but no one could tell what was wrong with her. Maleeha wanted to rush to her mother's aid but she couldn't find the strength in her to tell Zaakir. With that indecision, she grabbed the laptop again and opened the Skype App and dialled her sister.

After her talk with Qandeel, Maleeha felt calmer and at ease. She knew that her sister would never lie to her. She knew that if her mother needed her, Qandeel would tell her. Qandeel told her that at first both families were in a panic because neither of them could be found, but they then realised that Zaakir and Maleeha were together, so they were no longer stressing. Maleeha was told that both families were happy, but she never elaborated. Maleeha could guess why they were happy. They saw the fact that Maleeha and Zaakir were together so they would be bonding.

How wrong would they be? Maleeha grinned thinking of their reactions when they would return home and she and Zaakir would still be as hostile as ever. It was not something to be happy about, but she found it funny.