chapter two - home

I walked home hours later, a slip of paper tucked in hand.

I never though i would of gotten his number, but i did. He insisted i get text him later so i wrote his number down on the napkin next to me, a nervous smile on my face.

Ive never gotten a phone number before, but here i am with Dean's between my index and thumb. I smiled slightly as i quickly placed it in my coat pocket, the cold weather seeping though the thin trench.

Home wasn't far, and i made it at my front door in 10 minutes with a small smile on my face.

I opened the door and saw my brother on the couch, watching tv as he ate cereal. "Im home." I announced as i shut the door behind me carefully, gabriels glance soon on me. "Where have you been?" He asked scrambling up quickly as he attempted to get to me. "Coffee shop." I replied quietly as i saw him run his hand down his face. "Cas we talked about this, bro.. You cant just leave without telling me."

I hung my head low as i walked to the kitchen to get a drink, the coffee from before not filling enough. "Im an adult and i can do whatever i want." I grumbled as i opened the fridge to get a water bottle. "Yes, but you need to more careful, what if something bad happened!" Gabe followed as his voice rose slightly. "I can take care of myself!" I yelled as i slammed the bottle on the counter, my body twitching slightly.

He took a step back, his eyes calm as he raised his hands up. "I am older than you Castiel, and your lucky you're staying with me and not Mom and Dad.. So calm down." He explained as i rolled my head to the right, gripping the bottle in my hand as i picked it up and walked past him, purposefully running into him.

I walked to my room, passing our family dog with a frown. "Come on Max.." I hummed as i tugged at her collar for her to follow.

I opened my door and let Max in first before shutting it behind me with a sigh. "I don't understand why he's like this." I blurted out as i threw myself onto my bed, Max not far behind as he laid next to me with a whine.

I reached my hand out and petted her slightly, running my hands through her as i ranted my problems away. "He get worried to much.. Its not like im a child." I let my hand drop next to the dog as i turned my body to face her. "But i met a guy today Maxie.." I smiled faintly as i saw her drag her tongue out with a smile. "His names Dean and he was nice, i got his number too." I bit my lip as i pulled the number out of my pocket, waving i around slightly as she tried to bite it. "Back off he's mine." I laughed in response as i ran my hands through her ears roughly.

I let go and shooed her off the bed, taking a good look at the number in front of me with a small smile before placing it on the night stand next to me.

A knock came from the door and i pulled back into my bed, laying down slightly. "Hey.. Are you hungry?" Gabriel asked softly as he poked his head from behind the door, a faded smile on his face.

I nodded slowly as i watched him swing the door open, a plate of food in hand along with my prescription, Max quickly escaping as he walked over to me. "You know the drill." He said as he handed me the plate, holding onto the bottle as he popped the cap open.

"Yeah yeah.. Its not like my allergies are getting any better." I said sarcastically as he dropped two tablets in my hand with a frown. "Doctors orders." He shrugged as i took the medication with a sip of water.

"ill be in the other room if you need me." He said sing-song like as he walked out the door, but i stopped him. "Can you let Max back in?" I asked as i took a large bite of my sandwich. "Sure.." He hummed, but he never let her back in.