chapter six - a doctors visit

I padded down the hallway, gabriel to my left and the doctor to my right. I glanced around and noticed the charts of anatomy and the brain. "Why am i at the doctor again?" I asked curiously as i watched a nurse pass swiftly. "Check up, a normal check up." Gabriel explained as we where directed inside the room.

I took a seat on the firm bed, the thin sheet lining crumpling under me. "Your doctor will be with you shortly." The man said with a quick smile before leaving the the room.

Gabriel leaned in his chair as he watched me closely, his eyes fixed against my face. "Can you not stare at me?" I asked shifting slightly as he coughed, sitting up in his chair. "Why so many polaroids?" He asked out of nowhere, his voice low and gravely.

"I like photos-" "who was the guy with you?" He interrupted, obviously trying to get to the point. "A friend. I am aloud to have friends right? Or do i just have to stay at home and sulk all day while you are away at work." I crossed my arms and watched the door intensively as Gabriel scoffed. "Okay so your 'friend', whats his name?" He smiled widely as his fingers ran over his lips carefully. "Dean."

I felt warm against my neck as i heard Gabe make small kiss sounds. "Oh grown up.." I rolled my eyes and uncrossed my arms, placing them against the edge of the bed. "Did you kiss?" He asked with a playful wink as he tapped the chairs arms. "No, he's my friend." I reassured him, causing him to laugh loudly.

"Boyfriend for sure."
"Friend"
"Boyfriend."
"Friend."
"Boyyyfriend."
"Frien-"

The door opened with a squeak, cutting me off mid argument with Gabe. I heard him whisper under his breath as the doctor sat down in front of the computer. I pursed my lips and narrowed my eyes at my older, yet shorter brother as the doctor set up everything.

"So what brings you here today?" She asked with a thin smile as she clicked her pen against the table. "The usual business." Gabe explained with a sigh as he leaned against the chair. "Okay, anything new i should be concerned about?" She wrote briefly on her paper, only glancing up for a second. "Nothing I've noticed." He replied carefully as he looked at me up and down.

The doctor nodded and turned to me this time. "Now its my turn to be nosy.." She laughed kindly before bombarding me with questions.

"Are you taking your medication daily?"
"Yes."
"Headaches?"
"A few."
"Any stomach pains, fatigue, or high blood pressure."
"No,No, and No."

She nodded to herself before pausing momentarily. "Are you sexually active?" She tapped her pen against the clipboard as i coughed. "U-Um-" "Yeah, Cas are you banging the 'friend' you told me about?" Gabriel smirked devilishly as he bit his lip, the doctors eyes widening in response. "Friend? No offense, but you haven't mentioned having friends before." She stated as she turned to her laptop.

"Thats because i don't have friends, we just met. And no I'm not sexually active with him, or anyone in the matter." I glared at Gabriel momentarily as the doctor abruptly stood up. "Okay, thank you Castiel. Gabriel, can speak with me outside?" She waved her hand to the door and left with him close behind.

Is making friends a bad thing?