chapter five - gabriel

I sat at the edge of my bed, my legs dangling forward as i moved them side to side.

Dean left exactly 30 minutes ago.

I looked around my room and saw the many pictures that where balanced on my window, some developed, others too disoriented to make out.

I got up, my floor creaking at the touch as i walked over to the polaroids. I ran my fingers across them as i grabbed a few to stick to my wall, others to the trash.

A sudden ring caused me to drop the photos all at once, a large whine escaping my lips as i noticed my phone buzz on the bed.

I quickly gathered all the photos and stacked them on my night stand, my other hand reaching out to grab and answer my phone. "Hello?" I spoke softly into the device as i organized the polaroids by least favorite to most.

"Hey, get ready, we got a doctors appointment soon." My brother explained as i placed the picture of dean on the right, the blurry ceiling on the left. "What for?" I asked with a small chuckle as i saw the image of me covering my face from the camera. "Just your normal check up.. Whats so funny?" He asked with a faint laugh as i put the picture to my right. "Nothing.. Ill see you soon." I smiled as i tossed a completely white photo in the trash, ending the call with a click.

___________

Gabriel picked me up soon after, his smile faded and replaced with a deadpan expression as he drove. "Whats wrong?" I asked darting my eyes to him as i rolled my thumbs over each other. "Nothing."

I glanced around as i started to pick at the end of my nails, a horrible habit that i started. "Somethings wrong, you're not smiling." I pointed out as i noticed Gabriel clench the steering wheel slightly. "Im fine! Just.. Anxious" he exclaimed as he tapped along the soft leather of the wheel.

"Why are you yelling?" I sputtered as i started to scratch my hand repeatably. "I'm not yelling!" He turned his head to me for a second, his eyes wide as he turned away. "Yes you are, you-" "Castiel, stop!" He franticly slapped my hand, my fingers twitching at the touch.

I looked down and saw the red scratches on the top of my hand. "I-Im sorry-" "Dont." Gabriel sighed out as he hung his head slightly before forcing himself to smile. "Im fine."