8

Previously...

"Aiden, I can't. I keep getting reminded of freshman year. That type of stuff doesn't just go away." I looked down pulling my hands away from his, feeling the coldness return as my heart freezes and cracks.

"Is it because I showed up late that day? I said I was sorry Sarah! I had my own things to worry about you know. I finally came back and I wanted to see my best friend. I wanted to talk to you. I had so much to tell you and instead of things being as good as when I left, you go on and start ignoring me. Do you know how much that hurt." I could hear his voice crack but I refuse to look up at him. I could feel the tears flow down my face before I could notice it happening. My emotions bubbling inside me, bursting before I could stop them.

"How about how I felt Aiden? I'm still hurt! Because you came late, I was ridiculed that day. I was made fun off and tormented by your stupid girlfriend! Did you actually not fucking know or are you just playing dumb? You didn't know what Lily did to me? How rich! I bet the two of you planned it all out! I'm sorry for laughing at you earlier that day! I was just joking, but what you did went too far!" Before I could say another word i was cut short by the sound of a key opening the door. Well shit.

" HIDE!" I whispered yelled, grabbing Aiden and running with him wherever I could. Fuck my life!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

9th grade...
"It's going to be ok, Sarah. Maybe this was all a misunderstanding. Our Aiden wouldn't do something like that." Jasmine says as she rubs a towel over my wet hair. Even after the shower I can still feel the pain of the eggs cracking over my skin and smell the yolk on my body.

"Don't call him that. He's not out Aiden anymore." I looked forward, tired of crying and feeling heartbroken. I'm sick and tried of always putting my feelings aside for him. I understood that he has been going through a lot but it feels as though none of my issues were being prioritized.

My mom who has left when I was 5 is finally talking to me again and I've told no one About it. Not even my own father who would probably hate me for talking to the women who abandoned us.  The only person I could think of telling was Aiden. I was so happy to hear that he was finally coming back. I could finally have my best friend back. We we're finally going to be able to catch up on all the time we lost. But no that was never going to happen.

The one time I needed him he wasn't there. After all the years I stayed for him. I put up so much for Aiden and it only began to hit that I never got the same reciprocated back. Now I'm going to be the laughing stock of the school after what happened today. Lily's words began to repeat in my head as I stare at myself in the mirror across from me. I glanced at my slowly reddening skin, my sad brown eyes. I look down at my body that's now covered with a robe. ''Wow, maybe I am actually fat and just can see it.' Maybe that's why Aiden wasn't by my side today. Who would want to stand up for the fat Indian girl.

Even I couldn't do it  for myself.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sarah's POV

Aiden jumped behind the kitchen island Just in time before my dad walked in to the house.

"Hey Pitah!" I said speed walking towards him and planting a kiss on his cheek.

" Hey Apu. How are you my love?" He kisses me back before making his way towards the kitchen. 'Why the heck is that the first place he decides to go?!'

"You know the usual boring day. How was yours?" I say, quickly following him and running towards the island before he did. He looks at me weirdly and I just gave him my most sincere, innocent smile.

"Not too bad I guess. What did you have for dinner?" He said opening the fridge and pulling out some leftover Tandoori Chicken that I made the night before. I fanned my hand in front of Aidens face so that he could move to the other side of the island when i began to see my dad walk up to me. He put the dish in the microwave and pressed and few buttons.

"Apu this chicken is so good. Reminds me of the one my mother use to make. I need to take you to Indian and show you some Traditional Tandoori. But you're will always be my favorite." He said, grabbing my cheeks and planting a kiss on my forehead.

"A-aw, dead that's so sweet!" I accidentally stuttered out, making him glance at me suspiciously. Once the microwave beeped he tooked it out and grabbed a water bottle in the fridge.

"Ok, i'm going to go to sleep early. Had a long day." He says

" Good night Pitah! I love you, sleep tight!" When I heard his door closed I knew that the cost was clear. I exhaled dramaticly in relief and made my way to where Aiden should've been. To my surprise he wasn't there. I walked around for a bit in attempts to find him but he was already gone.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A couple of days passed and it felt like the few hours me and Aiden were gone on the night of Lily's party was actually weeks. Too much had happened in the span of such a short time. Lily and Charlie supposedly were hooking up and even Jasmine found herself a new boo thang the night of the party. Maybe love was in the air that night.

The guy that was suppose to tow Aiden's car came and I finally got my stuff back. Aiden had dropped it off and left it on my porch without even crossing paths with me. I sighed. I mean this is what I wanted after all. For things to be normal again. But strangely this normal hurt more than it did before.

I checked my phone and realize I had 3 missed calls, all from my dad, and 2 texts. One was from Jasmine and the other one was from and unknown number.

It read:

You better watch your back bitch...

Who the fuck does this person think they are? I already was having a rough start to my day this was not making it any better. Who even sends threats via texts like this? 'Wait how did they get my number?' My mind instantly goes to the first person who I could possibly think of.

I looked around suspiciously gripping my phone to my chest. There's no way in hell Lily's actually trying to threaten me right now after how she tried to kill me during her party!

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

How did she get my number? And how dare she threaten me like that! I picked up my phone and dialled Jasmines number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jas. its Sarah, can I ask you a question?" I said pacing around my room.

"Sarah, it's 7 in the morning. What could be so important that you have to tell me? Couldn't you call me at like 12 when normal teenagers wake up." She groaned in return.

"Umm, we'll you see, I got a text from someone I don't know and I thought that maybe you were the person that gave it to them."

"Sarah, I would never give someone your number with out your permission. "

"Then how did they text me. I don't give my number around like that. And the message they sent me was so weird." I began to nervously bite my nails.

What did they say?" She asked in return, sounding a little bit more awake.

"They threatened me, Jas. They told me to watch my back." I sighed as I began to run my hands through my thick hair, my scalp beginning to feel agitated from my constant touching.

"I don't think this is rocket science, Sarah. Isn't it obviously who has your number? Who else would be threatening you like this?" I roll my eyes in aggravation.

"Of course I know who it is! But who gave my number to her?" I sighed turning my head to the side before it hit me.

How could I have not thought of this before?

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Comment

Follow

Share

Like

💖