12

Previously.....
As I began to make my way home, I began to pick up on the distinct sound of someone talking. It sounded like they were whimpering or in pain but their voice was so low that I couldn't hear them. I continued to walk and the voice began to get louder. It was clear now that the person was indeed crying.

I looked around and saw a small figure on the ground near the end of the block. I walked towards it slowly.

"Hey, are you okay?" I said once I reached them, bending down slowly towards them.

I gently tap on their shoulder and when I got no response back? I began to turn them around so that I could get a look of their current state.  Doing so made me realize I should've came here quicker....
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sarah's POV

"J-jasmine? Who did this to you?" I said touching her bruised face.

"I'm sorry Sarah. " She said crying. She was all scratched up and had dark bruises all over her face, arm and legs.

"Jasmine, i'm going to call 911." I pulled my phone out and begin to dial the number but Jasmine reached over to stop me.

"No, Its okay." She said trying to get up but failed miserably.

"Jasmine your bleeding. If I don't call an ambulance now your going to die." I said pulling my arm away but she just grabbed it again, this time harder.

"No, Please." She begged. What is she doing?

"Come on Jasmine, lets go." I gently grab her arm and began to help her up.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Is she going to be OK?" I whimpered, frantically playing with my hair as I follow the doctor around the entire hospital.

"Ma'am! she's fine! She just has a few scratches and bruises. She's not going to die. You and he can go home now." He replies back, stoping to facing me. By the look on his face he was clearly annoyed. I would probably be annoyed as well if someone kept following me around, persistently asking me a million questions like I was currently doing.

"Sorry." I mumbled and backed up a little.

"Yes, she's pretty lucky. But I think you should file a police report? Do you know who did this to her?" He asked in return.

"I'm sorry but I don't. She asked me not to. "

"That's ok. And You can go home now. I think she's sleeping now but she'll need to wait for a parent to retrieve her. I'll make a call on her behalf. " He responds before walking away.

"Thank you!" I yelled. I turned around and walked outside of the hospital. I still couldn't figure out who could possible have done this to her. I mean Jasmine is the nicest person I know! Kind of...

I didn't live that far from the hospital so it didn't take me long to get home. When I got there my dad was waiting in the living room for me.

"Hey Pitah," I greeted him, quickly planting a kiss on Jan cheek. I try to run upstairs but he caught me before I could.

"Where were you?" He asked crossing his arms in front of his chest. By the look on his face he looked pretty pissed and I could understand why.

"At the hospital." I said. I mean, what's the point of lying?

"Why we're you at the hospital?" He questioned, examining my body just to make sure I wasn't hurt.

"Im fine dad, One of my friends got injured."