11

Previously...

"Explain yourself Mr.Hall!" I said sitting back on my bed after we finished.

"I don't know what your talking about." He bowed his head, sitting on my desk chair as far away from me as possible.

"Yes you do stupid. Now spill." I got up and stood in front of him so he had no choice but to look up at me.

"Honestly there's nothing to spill. You already know it was Lily you made up the rumor about Jasmine."

"So what the heck are you doing here Aiden ?" I groaned in response, rubbing my face in aggravation.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to help you get back at her. Exactly what I should've done in the 9th grade."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Sarah's POV

My eyes locked with Aiden's and I couldn't remove them. 'Did he know the entire time about what Lily did to me in the 9th grade? Who told him and why is he just now talking about it?'

There was a sudden knock on the door and I quickly step back, fanning my face. It's not as if we were doing anything but all the intense staring had me blushing. knock on the door.

"Come in!" I yelled sitting back on my bed. My dad opened my door and walked in. He looked at me and then to Aiden.

"Ummm, Can I help you Pitah?" I asked tilting my head and sending him my most innocent smile.

"Yeah, do you guys want anything? Maybe some water or some chips? Or maybe some compan-"

" No dad, we're good! " I quickly responded.

"Ok, no problem!" He listed his hands up in surrender. "If you need anything, and I mean anything! I will be downstairs. " He winks and then makes joes was out the door. I got up and locked it. I could've swear I locked it before.

I turned around and Aiden was already standing up.

"I only found out about what happened with Lily last October Sarah. It was after the whole puking incident and I didn't know how to bring it up. We hadn't talked in so long so I didn't want to make it awkward for you. I'm so sorry. I should've tried to figure it out earlier." He looms down and rubs the back of his neck. Based off of his expression I could tell he was truly guilty.

" I didn't really understand the depths of it but after what you said a week ago, I knew I had to figure it out. And so I did. Makes a lot of sense now. You know, why your dad hates me and why you hate Lily so much." He chuckles but quickly stops when he noticed I was still staring at him emotionless.

"I'm actually realizing now that I never got to tell you what I wanted to say freshman year" He smiles and walks closer towards me. "Do you want to know now?"

"Sure." I breath. My voice so low even I could barely hear it. 

"That summer I was going through hell. With my parents divorce and everything. I felt abandoned by the people who were meant to be there for me. But you were always there for me Sarah. You understood like no one else could. Yoy always greeted me with that beautiful smile of yours, always so happy and always prepared with amazing stories and snacks go cheer me up. " he chuckles and I can't help but laugh as well. He reaches over and hold my hand.

"I don't think I would've been able to get through that boarding school without you Sarah. Without your hilarious letters. I was so excited to see you again. To see you smile. To tell you how much I missed you. How much I loved you." He stops and loos at me. As if waiting to see my reaction. Reading the room in fear of me responding in a way that disproved of his confession. Little did he know that I was also feeling the same freshman year and still now.