03.

❝Me treated like a punk you know that's unheard of.❞

Usually when people think of police departments and policemen in general, they believe that there constantly busy on these high profile cases but in actually it's the opposite. I mean you have the constant traffic tickets, minor things. But I never anticipated going to into the NAPD and be rushed into such a high profile case so soon.

Immediately when I walked into the building people were scattered all over the place, like frazzled ants at a picnic. I didn't know exactly where I was suppose to go but there was a secluded area, assuming, for the police chiefs office. Walking straight towards it, I noticed that all of the shades were down. I shrugged my shoulders, reaching for the door knob

"Detective Smalls is it?"

I turned around to see man standing behind me, in a dark navy suit, and brown shoes that matched his tie. His hair, dark with a few strands of grey hair.

"Yes." I spoke reaching my hand out to shake his, he accepted it, shaking my hand firmly

"Chief Nuñez, it's great to have a new addition to the department," 

"Well, thank you. Your kind words are much appreciated."

He nodded his head, smiling at me. The chief was much nicer than my old boss. He was assertive, but not rude. Which was a nice change, coming from a person who worked with practically the devils spawn almost every day for two years.

"Follow me detective."

We began walking across from his office to another section of the department. On the way he me told a run down on any current, minor crime cases. Just a simple low down on the crime in here in the city. We then stopped at a room filled with people sitting at a conference table and a huge board with various marker drawings and news paper clippings all connected with red pins and red strings. There were also files scattered all over the table. He lead me inside and the room immediately got quiet once we entered, standing in front of the table.

"Everyone this is our new addition to this department, Detective Smalls."

I nodded, looking around at the people at the table. I saw a couple of sour glances, but they would just have deal with me being here.

"And she'll be partnering up with Detective Jones and joining in the Casey Sanchez case."

A man from the far left rose up, walking up to me, to shake my hand. The handshake lasted for a mere second until I had to advert my attention to the case.

"Any leads on the Casey Daniels case so far?"

"Besides the information that we already gathered, more news came from the DNA Lab, that a strand of hair was found on the woman's body, belongs to man named Diego Sanchez."
A fellow peer sat down a file, with a photo on top of it.

I leaned forward to see the man's face. My heart immediately dropped, the man in the picture was the same man who murdered the woman in the alleyway.

"And he's associated with the ever so famous Marcel Gerard."

I furrowed my eye brows, I didn't expect that coming from Marcel, but then again I can't be blinded by my infatuation with him.

"So how we going to approach this chief?" A detective asked leaning back into his chair

The Chief rubbed his palms together, "I want a surveillance team around his apartment, then I want a team to question his family or anyone that is associated with him,"

"His family were all murdered by a bad animal attack on the highway. He has no other known family members in the city."

"Then we go to the top-"

A soft knock on the door, made by a woman interrupted the talking.

"Sir, Marcel Gerard is here to see you."

Then the chief disappeared, coming back a minute later with what looked like invitations to some party.

"Our man of the hour dropped off four invitations. Detective Smith, Jones, Parker and Smalls, you all will be going undercover at this Charity event that Marcel is throwing on Thursday night,"

Chief passed out the four invitations to us. I looked at the invite, it had blue and cream calligraphy on it, with a blue ribbon fused with a thick blue official stamp on it.

"Alright get to your posts and I will see you all tomorrow." Then the chief disappeared

I felt a small gut feeling that the Marcel Gerard, that I was so infatuated with had something more about him, then he was letting on. Or what he wanted the public wanted to believe. And on top of that he was hanging out with a vampire, what if he was one or some other immortal being. You know when have the feeling in the very pit of your stomach, that something very, very bad is going to happen. That very feeling was a knot building into my stomach. This Charity event is going to be a very interesting party.

A/N;
A long anticipated chapter, and this is what I give you?! Lol, but yeah this sucks but don't worry I am already working on the next chapter because you all truly deserve it. Yeah, and shout out to all the new readers, the votes and reads are growing and I appreciate it. See you next chapter lol, xx.