11.

❝I really hate but I gotta loc, as they croak I see myself in pistol smoke, fool.❞

Katherine sighed deeply, closing her eyelids for a minute. She opened them looking deeply into my eyes for a few seconds before rising from the couch.

"Alright my chile, we have work to do,"

She grabbed her mug, placing it on the kitchen counter, then swinging around in front of the coffee table.

"Come help me move this."

I rose off the couch going to the opposite end. We lifted the table upwards moving it away from the center of the room and placing it at a nearby window.

"I'm going to gather my things, but while I do that, need something of her, like that picture you was talkin' about."

I sighed burying my face into my hands.

"Great, now I have to go and creep into his house." I mumbled

"Did you say something?"

"Oh, no. I'm going to be on my way."

Katherine nodded. "I'll be finished gathering everything by the time you get back, so right when you get back we can get started."

I nodded as I walked to the door, opening it and going into my car.

It extremely quiet as I walked inside of the compound. It was oddly somber further I entered, you could feel the change. It was completely dead. I approached the steps, surveying it before I continued up the stairwell. Surprisingly the doors were open so I could easily slip inside and out. I stepped inside of what looked like Marcel's bedroom. I spotted a box that on top of his drawer. I went towards it opening it. I began rummaging through pictures and trinkets and other chackis inside of it until I saw a photo of Marcel and Genevieve. They looked so happy and so in love, his arm wrapped around her waist. The way she gazed into his eyes, it made my heart flutter a bit.

I shivered placing the picture back in the box. I didn't want to take it, it wouldn't be right. It was already enough that I knew that Marcel was in love with a woman who was identical to myself, but taking a picture that probably meant so much to him, which I was already doing was a stretch in entirety. I rummaged through so more until I found the picture I was looking for. I slipped it into my jacket pocket and closed the box. I placed it back on top Marcel's drawer and headed towards my car.

As I walked down the steps I could feel someone or something staring at me. The energy of their eyes were burning a hole inside of my head. I pivoted my head scanning the bricks walls until I stopped. I saw that the brick wall towards my left had a hole it and the shadow of a persons head was inside. I walked closer to it, soon gasping in horror at the site before me. It Marcel, almost in a lifeless state. His skin was pale an veiny, his eyes glossy as if he wanted to cry. I sighed, he looked like he was in so much pain and he was helpless. I noticed a tear slip from his eyes, with my hand I reached out gently wiping the tear from his face.

Slowly backing away from him, I spun on my heels and began walking back to my car. For some reason I felt bad for Marcel. From all the bad things that he done previously and currently, he probably does deserve it but I see something in him, something good.