07.

❝Everybody's running, but half of them ain't looking.❞

I sat in my car for awhile, thoughts running through my head, trying to make sense of things. More of trying to think of all of the possible reasons why random people keep calling me that name, Genevieve.

It was obvious that who ever this Genevieve woman was not of my time, but of another. It wasn't a name of the new millennium that was for sure, but to top it all of the older woman at the store said that I looked like her. Either I had a missing twin, she was on something. Which could be a good explanation for of all of this, everyone one was on drugs.

But still inside me I needed answers, fast. So I decided to call my aunt and tell her that I needed some time to myself and I would get her stuff tomorrow, but she insisted that she would get one of her witch protégés to do it. It made me feel a bit guilty, but I was in a much bigger predicament, witch errands could wait.

I started my car engine up, pulling out of the parking lot. As I drove back to my apartment I tried to think of people I could ask or tell about this and besides my aunt it was, Marcel. I rolled my eyes at the mere thought of him. I mean he is a vampire and he could possibly know who this Genevieve woman is. Unfortunately my ex crush was my only option.

I parked in front of my apartment, turning the engine off, I grabbed my phone and unlocked it. I shot a text to Sophie asking if she knew Marcel's address. It was only a few seconds later she gave me the address and I was on my way there.

I sighed deeply as I looked at my cars clock, it was 6:58 pm. I was a little surprised, so much running around I loss track of time. I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my phone, getting out of the car. I scanned the compound, which I didn't believe that Marcel would live here. It was open, too open. So much that anyone could waltz in at any moment, something I was doing right now.

The clicking of my booties echoed through the compound, I folded my arms across my chest and tried to look for a opening but there wasn't one. Just windows, and a staircase that led to a balcony, which stretched into a 'U' like shape. I chewed my bottom lip deciding what to do next.

"Hello?" I called out, just enough for who ever was inside could hear me

"Hello? Is anyone home?" I repeated again, unfolding my arms walking closer to the center of the compound

The was still no reply, I sighed in frustration. I didn't have time to waste, so I spun around on my heels and began walking back to my car, but I froze mid stance when I heard a familiar swooshing sound. Slowly pivoting my body back around there was Marcel, standing with curious like expression on his face.

"I didn't expect to see you anytime soon." He stated

"Well, I didn't either but I need to speak to you about something." I replied

His eyes lit up for a second, then reverting back to his reserve nature. He nodded his head towards the large staircase and began walking towards it. I followed him all the way up until he reached the balcony. It was surprisingly a very pretty sight, the sun was setting and you could hear the jazz music faintly in the distance.

I leaned against the railing sighing, deeply. I turned and looked at Marcel who had his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"You have the floor." He spoke mildly