04.

❝So I gotta be down with the hood team, too much television got me chasing dreams.❞

"We have to help pick out your outfit!" Sophie spoke flopping on my bed

I had told Jade and Sophie about the case and the charity that the guy Marcel was throwing.

"I thought about just wearing something from my closet."

"Your closet? Hell no, all you wear is stereotypical tv girl cop clothes."

I mean it was true, like every girl cop on tv. Tank tops, jeans and motorcycle jackets.

"True, but I don't have time it's tomorrow. Plus I don't have time to go and shop Soph."

"Just borrow something from my closet, I have plenty of stuff that you could fit," Jade spoke flipping a page of her magazine

"-Wait do you even know what the charity is for?"

"Uhm......, it's about raising money for the homeless youth in New Orleans."

"Wow, an actual charity with some substance, usually rich people are like, lets save the whales. Donate to the cripple pets or some shit like that." Sophie added

We all laughed but it was surprising that this charity actually had substance in that it really wanted to help a group of people in true need.

"So how do you know Marcel?" I asked Sophie

She sat straight up, fiddling with her hair and since I have been friends with her for years. I knew exactly what that meant.

"Seriously Soph, just once, just once-"

"Look it was nothing, okay one drunken night. That shouldn't stop you from pursuing a guy."

I scrunched my face, I wasn't too sure about this. One of my best friend hooking up with my crush. From now on I'm going to try to at least be cautious around him, but that smile, that gorgeous smile that makes my knees go weak. But in the end I had a job to do, that's all I should be focusing on.

"So I'm taking you meet Izzy down in the morgue."

My new partner, Jason, said to me. We turned the corner into this brightly lit room. It was three metal tables, assuming for the examining the bodies and directly behind it was the infamous chambers for all of the bodies. I must admit it was spotless, which of course expected but I swear I had seen sparkles on the floor.

"Izzy!" Jason yelled

A girl with long, jet black bangs and a tall bun sitting on top of her head. I could see underneath her lab coat a sailor moon t-shirt. She smiled at Jason, then at me extending her out towards mine, I accepted shaking it firmly.

"Isabelle Shimizu but everyone calls me Izzy."

"Alex Smalls, love the shirt."

Izzy looked down at her shirt, then back at me smiling.

"I like you!" She spoke gleefully