Chapter 1

Author's POV

Brand new start. Brand new day. It's a brand new year. After celebrating Christmas and Countdown, the streets start to get busy once again. Students running to school to meet their friends and adults driving at high speeds to reach work on time. Everyone is busy to start their fresh year ahead well. Just like others, Choi Yuna, an ordinary girl, is getting ready to welcome her new year in high school. It is her last year in the school and she hopes everything goes on fine in her last year.

Choi Yuna, a bubbly girl who lives alone at the age of thirteen. Both her parents died in an accident when she was four. She lived with her grandmother but unfortunately, her grandmother passed away due to illness when she was thirteen. She had no one to rely on, so she had no choice but to stay alone in the apartment that her grandmother has left for her. She picked up a part time job at the age of fourteen in order to pay for her own school fee.

She has a bunch of great friends since middle school and she treasured them like her family members. They are Sojung, Yerin, Eunha, SinB and Yewon. They are like sisters to her. They then went on to the same high school together. Although not all of them managed to be in the same class, but they still hang up during lunch break and after school.

Yuna looked into the mirror one last time to adjust her uniform before grabbing her bag to leave for school. Luckily her school is quite near her apartment, therefore she usually just walks to school.

Yuna POV

As usually, I plunged in my earpiece and walked to school. It's the first day of school and also the first day meeting my new class. I hope one of my friends would be in the same class at least.

After a nice 20-minute walk, I reached the school's main gate and saw my best friends gathering near the foyer. "Hey girls" I quickly called out and ran towards them while greeting them.

"Omo Unnie, I missed you!" Yewon said as she hugged me. I smiled and had a short catch up with them before heading to the announcement board to check on our classes. I scanned through the list before my eyes landed on my name.

"Yerin unnie!" I immediately shrieked as she hugged me tight. "Choi Yuna! We are in the same class!" the both of us totally forgot about the other four girls as we were too elated that we are in the same class. "Girls, calm down." Sojung unnie said as she patted our backs.

It wasn't too bad. Sojung unnie and Eunha were in the same class while SinB and Yewon are in the same class. At least we all had a partner in our new classes.

We made our way up to our new classes before stepping in to familiarise with our new classmates. I sat beside Yerin unnie for the time being because the teacher would definitely change our places. We both were excited about the new class while we sat down to wait for our teacher.

Jungkook POV

The first day of school for the year, it means meeting new people in a new class. Damn, I hate it so much. I finally got adapted to my class from the previous year and they had to change our classes. I sighed as I put on my uniform, looking into the mirror for a last check.

I took the bus and met the other Bangtan boys on the way...

Oh right, Bangtan boys is a name that we called ourselves. We are great friends and so-called the popular gang in school. Our gang includes Namjoon hyung, Seokjin hyung, Yoongi hyung, Hoseok hyung, Jimin hyung and Taehyung hyung. They are like real brothers to me as they took care of me well and we always play along well. We knew each other at during our first year in high school and it's crazy how we can get this close. I will never regret knowing them because I take them as my family members.

We all coincidentally happened to take the same bus to school and we have been doing this for the past 2 years. We met each other on the bus and alighted right in front of our school.

"Are you guys excited for our new class?" Taehyung hyung asked while rubbing his palms together.

"I am." Jimin hyung raised his hand.

We stepped into the school and there, a commotion occurred. Girls started to stare at us again.

"Oppa! I hope you are in the same class as me!"

"Oppa! Can we..."

Geez. Girls just can't stop. Why are they drooling over us when we are just like them? We are students and humans too! Gosh.
I didn't react to any of those screams and went straight to the announcement board. I scanned through the class lists and finally found my name.

"Hyung, we are in the same class." I turned to Taehyung and Hoseok hyung.
"Oh! I am stuck with Seokjin Umma!" Jimin hyung whined, earning a smack from Jin hyung. I just chuckled a little as we dispersed to our classes.

The moment we stepped into our class, another uproar started. Gosh. I hate this.
I just sat at the last row with Taehyung hyung while Hoseok hyung just started socialising around. Typical Hoseok hyung. Sometimes I do envy his social skills.

How can he approach people so quickly without even knowing them? I wouldn't say that I am cold, but more because I am shy, that's why I show off my cold side. Hyungs know me well, that's all I need.

All the commotion died down the moment the teacher walked in.
"Okay, class. Welcome back to school. I am Mrs Son Rye Jung, your home teacher for this year. You can call me Mrs Son."
Everyone clapped excitedly.
"I understand that you are from different classes previously, so I will swap your places to let you know your classmates more." The teacher continued.
"Damn." I cursed under my breath. "Remember to be more friendly, my kookie." Taehyung hyung smiled and patted my back. "Must all the teachers do this on the first day of school?" I sighed while hyung just smiled. "I am excited though." He laughed a little while dancing on his seat. Seriously, hyung? I thought to myself while holding back my laugh, watching him dance.

We took our bags and move to the front of the class while the teacher assign our places. I am still sitting at the last row, but this time, it's a girl beside me.

Damn. Why must it be a girl. But luckily, Taehyung hyung is sitting diagonally in front of me. Thank god. But Hoseok hyung was sitting far away from us.

Yerin POV

Why last row? I am not that tall to be here. I looked to my left and saw Jungkook. Probably I know him but he doesn't know me. He is popular in school with the Bangtan boys, but I don't know much about them. I am definitely not one of those girls who are their fangirls.

"I am Yerin, Jung Yerin." I decided to start talking first because he looked so awkward. He looked at me with a blank expression before nodding his head. "Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook." He replied shortly. "Oh." was all I could think of.

"He is so cold..." I thought to myself while turning my head to look to the front. Luckily Yuna is sitting diagonally in front of me, at least I can talk to her when I am bored.

"It's ganna be a long year..." I whispered to myself.

Yuna POV

I am sitting beside one of the most popular person in school. I would be lying if I say my heart didn't skip a beat. I may not be one of those crazy fangirls but I have to admit that he is attractive.

"Hi! I am Kim Taehyung." He started a conversation. I turned to him trying my best to give my most natural smile. "I am Yuna. Choi Yuna." He smiled. "It's a nice name. And don't be too awkward. I don't bite." He laughed while I chuckled. "Thank you and sorry." I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear. "There's nothing to be sorry about." He replied as he took out his books and stationery. I smiled.

"I guess he is a nice person." I thought to myself while preparing for lessons too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my first chapter and I hope you guys like it! Give me some advice and comments! Thank you!

P.S I am not using Eunha's and SinB's real name because they have the same name.

      And although all of them are in the same year, but they still call each other "Hyung" and "Unnie" because I am not used to them calling each other by names  xD