Chapter 30

Author POV

Nothing has changed over the days as Yuna and Jungkook continued to act like strangers. They would occasionally sneak peeks at each other but they wouldn't spit a word. Yuna was busy with her work as usual as Jungkook would just be sticking with his hyungs and keeping quiet while he played with his phone. Not only were the two affected, even Bangtan and the girls were affected. The atmosphere would always be awkward when the two are around and it would not be lively like before even when one of them is not around.

One night, Yuna was heading home after her work and she stepped in her apartment only to find out that Yerin was still there. The girls decided to stay in Yuna's house after their lessons that day and everyone left after dinner except Yerin.

Yerin shot up from her storybook and waved at Yuna. "You're back! Have you eaten your dinner?" Yuna shook her head and threw her bag on the sofa before going to the kitchen to get some water. "I am not hungry, just tired." Yuna smiled a bit and sat on the chair nearby. "I can cook something for you to eat. Something light." Yerin offered but Yuna declined, "I will take a warm bath. It's getting really cold outside."

Yuna was letting the warm running water hit her skin as she relaxed her muscles that were aching due to her work. She was packed with her schoolwork, projects, tests and work for the past few days that she doesn't even have time to bond with the girls. She closed her eyes to let the water moisture her face as she remembered how Jungkook would always be there to cook or buy food for her after her work. She couldn't help but feel the tangling feeling in her heart whenever she remembers about Jungkook. She remembered how he would dry her hair for her every night to prevent her from getting a cold and how he would occasionally sleepover at her place to keep her warm with his embrace. Those memories that were priceless. Those memories that were not replaceable...

Yuna wrapped a towel on her head to dry her hair as she made her way out of the bathroom to find Yerin already on her bed, still reading her novel. "Unnie..." Yuna called out slothfully. "Come~" Yerin spread her arm to signal Yuna to sit beside her.

"How's work today?" The older one asked caringly. "Usual. Nothing special." Yuna covered her exposed legs with her blanket. "What did you all do today in my apartment?" she continued with the conversation. "We called Bangtan along." Yerin answered, peeping at Yuna to observe her reaction. As she expected, Yuna's face sank upon hearing 'Bangtan'. "Was Jungkook here?" Yuna asked, not looking at her unnie. "Yes..." Yerin sighed, holding Yuna's hand. "And he doesn't look good." Yerin continued. Yuna couldn't reply her but just looked down, sinking into deep thoughts. "Yuna... I am not trying to change your mind but I just want you to know that Jungkook is hurting badly..." Yerin spoke up and held onto Yuna's hand even tighter. "Unnie..." Yuna urged but she was taken aback when her tears started forming in her eyes. "Tell unnie what happened. Tell us why you want to leave Jungkook. I know the reason is not that easy." Yerin hugged her dongsaeng.

"I know I am being selfish to leave Jungkook. I know he is hurting badly... I am too... But I know where I stand in this world. I am not oblivious to my surroundings." Yuna started, breaking the hug between her and her unnie. "But you know that Jungkook doesn't mind, right?" Yerin leaned forward, holding onto Yuna's shoulders. "I know he doesn't mind. But I mind. I am always wondering about how inferior I am beside him. I know social status is not anything as long as we love each other but I can't help but to think about that. Jungkook is always there to reassure me and I want to be with him for the rest of my life... But the insecurities in me and all the things which happened in such a short time..." Yuna cried, pointing to the left side of her chest. "kills me..." she continued, bursting into tears as all the memories flashed back wholesale. "It kills me..." she repeated, hanging her head low while her tears flow like an open tap.