Chapter 22

Author POV

Since Yuna has fully recovered on her ankle, she decided to go back to work. She was forced to be the cashier as Soyeon just wouldn't her carry those heavy trays and walk around. She felt good going back to somewhere where she is familiar with once again.

Time flies and the café was closing soon. She was offing the lights in the café when it started to rain heavily outside. "Damn. I have no umbrella." She bit her lower lip as she thought of ways to get home. She took her bag from the locker and walked out to the door before seeing a familiar figure approaching her with an umbrella. Jeon Jungkook.

"You didn't bring your umbrella, did you?" Jungkook escorted her out of the café door as she locked them up. "Yea... I forgot." Yuna nodded. "Did I allow you to come and work? I said listen to me until your full recovery." Jungkook wrapped his arm around Yuna worriedly, getting her into the shade soon after she was done with the locking up. "Ms Lim said I am fine already."

"Not when you are wearing a wrist guard." The male rebutted as they walked back together. The more she looks at him, the more unsure she is. The words from Minjung was still ringing in her brain but the fact that Jungkook was right next to her and she loves him bothered her decisions. She is in a dilemma.

Yuna POV

"Quickly get in and get a quick bath." Jungkook demanded as he waited for me to open my apartment door. I was about to step in when I suddenly turned my body to face him.

"Wae?" he asked as he stepped a step closer to me. I looked into his eyes and I am lost in it, like how I usually do. How can someone be this perfect, standing right in front of my eyes? There must be something wrong with me today, Choi Yuna. You are being all emotional, I thought to myself.

"Yuna?" he asked again, stroking my half wet hair. "Quickly get in before you catch a cold." He said in the gentlest voice. His shirt was half soaked, so was his hair. He covered me with a larger area of the umbrella when we were walking back. Without me knowing, I wrapped my arms around his neck as I tiptoed to hug him, resting my chin on his shoulder. It didn't take him too long to react to my hug as I felt his arms snaking around my waist. It was cold outside but beside him, it's always warm. He tightened the hug while burying his face into my wet hair. I don't want to leave him this soon. I can't...

He broke the hug with his palms still on my waist before looking at me deeply, "Go in and bathe first alright? I will come over to your place after I am done." He suggested, caressing my cheeks before planting a light peck on my forehead.

Jungkook POV

Seeing Yuna acting like this just melts my heart. I guess our problems would be solved more easily than I thought it would be. I smiled to myself at the thought of the hug just now and quickly got a bath. All I have to do now is to clear up the questions I have in my mind and I can move on happily with Yuna. I dried my hair with the towel before getting over to Yuna's apartment.

We both were sitting on the sofa with a cup of hot chocolate in our hands to warm ourselves. I put down the cup before signalling Yuna to come closer to me. She shifted the position and I hugged her from the side, together with the blanket that was around her.

"Yuna... tell me truthfully whether Minjung asked you to help her yesterday." I asked once last time in a tone that she wouldn't misunderstand me of accusing her. I want to make this clear and we can move on without any doubts.

Yuna POV

"Yuna... tell me truthfully whether Minjung asked you to help her yesterday." Jungkook finally touched back on this topic. My heart felt like it was being squeezed harshly by a pair of cold hands as I tried to contain my heartache. After all, he still chose to believe Minjung...