Chapter 8

Author POV

It was the official first day that Yuna and Jungkook are neighbours. Since the girls and Bangtan boys were a lot closer after the various chats and hanging out, they decided to throw a housewarming party for Jungkook since it was a Saturday. They gathered at Yuna's apartment to plan the surprise party for Jungkook.

"I can cook for everyone!" Seokjin offered as his eyes lit up. Sojung also volunteered to help since she is good at cooking too. "I will go get some balloons." SinB stood up.

"I will go get a cake!" Yewon and proposed. "I will help out Sojung unnie in cooking here!" Eunha raised her hand excitedly.

"We will just go hang out with Jungkook at his apartment as usual. You guys can just leave us a text when you are ready." Namjoon suggested as the rest nodded.

"Yerin unnie and I would just follow Seokjin oppa to grocery shopping." Yuna voiced out, giving Yerin a nudge on her elbow. "I will go too!" Taehyung clapped in glee, shifting himself to Seokjin's right.

"Why? You should stay with us and get to know more about Jungkook!" Jimin shouted with excitement, facing Yuna.

Yuna gave Yerin a pleading look. "They can bond when we are back. Let's go before it gets too late! We still have to prepare the food!" Yerin saved the situation while pulling the others up from their butts.

After a few hours of preparation at Yuna's apartment, all the dishes and decorations were ready. "I have sent Namjoon a text." Seokjin said while putting the dishes nicely on the plates.

"Let's go party babe!" Taehyung howled in elation.

The others followed Seokjin behind, holding all the plates, cake, balloons and presents in their hands. Yuna could feel her heartbeat beating faster under her rib cage. It was not that she has feelings for him but she just felt unbelievable that he is her neighbour. She couldn't expect what will happen in the future. Would it be awkward? Will he like her as a neighbour? Will they fight? Will they become friends? All the questions were bombarding in her brain as Seokjin pressed the doorbell. She breathed in and out to calm her brain and heart down.

"You can do this, Choi Yuna. Be friendly, be nice." She mumbled under her breathe as Namjoon opened the door. He signalled them silently that Jungkook is engrossed in the movie they are watching. He slowly led them into the living room.

Yuna was hiding behind the group of people because she was too awkward and shy to say anything. "Welcome! Jeon Jungkook!" They all shouted in unison the moment Jungkook saw them.

A smile touched the corner of his lips as he stood up from the sofa. "So this is why Seokjin and Taehyung hyung weren't with us this whole afternoon." He laughed as they settled the food and cake down on the table. "Thank you guys." Jungkook smiled.

It was the first time Yuna saw Jungkook smile. Her lips unintentionally formed into a small curve as she quickly got snapped out of her thoughts when Yerin pushed her towards Jungkook.

She took one last deep breath before standing in front of Jungkook, passing him the present which she had bought at the mall that day.

Jungkook looked at her with a poker face while his hands were in his pockets, which scared her a little. She pushed the present a little closer to him. "Welcome, my new neighbour." She tried to give her warmest smile when Jungkook took the present from her. "Thank you." He nodded.

Jungkook POV

We all had a fun time as we had a movie marathon. We offed all the lights and watched horror movies. Hoseok and Jimin hyung were literally hugging each other with two huge pillows blocking in front of them. How gay can they be? It wasn't even scaring. I was laughing at them the whole.