Chapter 27

Author POV

That night, Jungkook carried Yuna all the way back to his house tightly in bridal style. He looked down to look at his precious girl who is now looking into the air, expressionless. She was not crying; neither was she giving any reaction. She looked like a finished statute in his hands.

The door clicked and he went into the warm enclosed area, putting her down gently on the sofa. "Yuna..." Jungkook finally spoke up as he tugged a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Please, talk to me." He pleaded desperately. He doesn't want to see her in this state. It's breaking his heart so badly. She, too, looked at him for a few seconds. "J-Jungkook..." she couldn't hold back her tears anymore as her voice cracked. She burst into tears immediately when his name slipped out of her mouth.

"Shh... it's okay, Yuna. I am here." Jungkook swiftly positioned himself beside his girlfriend before pulling her into a tight hug once again. He stroked her hair gently to calm her down as he suppressed his heartache from seeing her like this. "Take a quick bath and I will treat your wounds." He said, carrying the weak girl in his arms and into the bathroom. "Make it quick alright." Jungkook put Yuna down, planting a peck on her forehead and closed the door behind him.

"Damn." Jungkook cursed, punching his fist on the nearest wall he could find as soon as he reached his own room. "DAMN IT. DAMN THAT STUPID GUY WHO DID THAT TO HER!" Jungkook's voice grew louder as he kicked the pillow that was on the floor. He is a strong guy but Yuna is his weak spot. Nothing, no one can ever hurt his love. All she has is him and all he can rely on is her. He couldn't believe that this is happening between them. This is getting out of hand and everything seemed to happen so coincidentally. "This can't be..." Jungkook mumbled.

Yuna POV

The moment Jungkook closed the bathroom door, I squatted down and hugged my knees before crying silently. I don't want Jungkook to hear me cry. I have troubled him enough. If he didn't make it in time just now, I would have been tainted. "Sorry, Kook ah..." I mumbled while weeping.

After I was done with my washing up, I opened the door only with a towel around me, to see a set of clean clothes. MY clean clothes. Jungkook must have went over to my place to get my clothes for me. I quickly put them on and stepped out of the bathroom.

I walked around the house but Jungkook was nowhere to be seen. "Kook?" No one answered. "Clicked." The door opened and I saw Jungkook walking in with a plastic bag in his hand. "Oh, you are done? Come." He put the keys on the nearby table and pulled me to the dining table.

"You have not taken your dinner, have you? Despite me telling you not to skip meals, you wouldn't listen because I know you are stubborn." He smiled and put the bowl of porridge in front of me, opening to lid. That smile, that smile of his that could always calm and melt me down. His smile can always cure me and I have yet to realise how long I have not seen it. "Dig in." he signalled me.

I unhurriedly took the plastic spoon on the side and scooped some porridge before eating it. He ruffled my wet hair upon seeing me eating before standing up and going somewhere else again. My gaze followed him and saw him entering his room. He came back with a hair dryer and plugged in to the nearest socket, helping me dry my hair while I eat.

"It's not good to leave your hair wet all night. You always like to sleep with your hair wet because you have no time to dry it. Don't do that, it's not good for your head." He nagged, while combing my hair softly with his fingers. Those nagging that might be irritating for others but in my heart, it's like a source of warmth. Unknowingly, tears rolled down my cheeks as I tried my best to not make a sound.

"Done." He said, offing the switch and sat beside me, leaning his chin on his left hand to look at me. His eyes widened as he panicked, seeing me like this. "Wae? Did something happen?" He shifted nearer to me and I shook my head, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. "Thank you..." I choked on my own tears, gobbling down another mouth of food. "Yuna... Listen to me." Jungkook placed his hands on my shoulders, making me face him as he put the bowl in my hands down on the table. "This is the least I can do and I need you to remember that I can do anything for you. I mean it." He confessed in a firm tone, wiping my tears with his thumb before planting a kiss on my cheek.