2 | English Class ✔

(a:n/ this is for #JustWriteIt! Wooh, I really hope I finish this in time XD Thank you all so much for reading!

- Avii Park)

"Can't believe the nerve of that guy!" I growl as Drestin downs the last of his coffee and tugs on my suede jacket. "Calling me cute?!"

Drestin laughs, and grabs my coffee, throwing it in the bin before we enter the large, blue building to one of the only courses I like; English.

The inside is dark, and the stage lit up like it's the X factor. All red cinema chairs are up, a few of them filled with people like me, who actually like English.

Not to mention the teacher is smokin' too. (a:n/ idk boys, I'm sorry. I'm a girl XD)

"He definitely likes you, man. Or wants to get under your skin."

I shudder at the though. Wren Tressman is not gay. Grabbing a seat by the front, I hop over the table to talk to the dark skinned girl before class starts. "Hey Red, you do English, too?"

She looks up at me, scowling. "What makes you call me red? Sure my hair's that colour, but that doesn't mean you should define me by it!"

I whistle,"Sorry babes, I'll call you Ginger instead!"

She groans in frustration, turning away from me. But I don't miss the subtle smile on her face. "Just leave."

I shrug. "Can't, my chairs right above yours and everyone has the right to a proper education, Red."

With one last chuckle, I hop over the desk, back into my own seat. Drestin seems to have gone over to talk to Rebecca, leaving me on my own. I stretch my legs, resisting the urge to have a smoke. Because the signs up over every door saying 'No Smoking' are enough to tell you that there's no smoking inside.

"Hey Wren!" I turn around to see a very excited Calum waving at me from 2 rows up. Oh brilliant. Now the acid tripping lil sh*t that called me cute, is here.

Rolling my eyes, I turn back around, ignoring his questioning gaze. Mrs. Costello piles her blond hair in a bun, and clears her throat.

"Okay students, welcome to another English class!"

I sit up, slapping Drestin's butt as he passes by me. "Did you get some?" He just flips me the bird.

Laughing, I turn back to Costello.

"Hey cutie!" Groaning I turn round to see who had interrupted my listening process. "Wren!" It's Calum. Who's now directly behind me.

I almost shriek. Almost.

"I like your eyes." He muses, grinning wildly. His own chocolate brown eyes seem to laugh. "They're such a nice pea green colour!" I just ignore him and his colourful rainbow bracelets.

"Wren, can you tell me what Shakespeare might have been thinking when he wrote his tragedies that were masked in false happiness?" My head snaps up back up at the mention of my name.

I stroke my chin, pretending that I was actually listening. "Okay, so here's my theory. Um, this old dude decided that tragedies weren't enough pain, so he decided to kill all the readers with feels because they thought his stories were happy at first. But then they turn out to be depressing things about death in a love story."

I smirk, sitting back in my chair and feel very proud of myself. Costello grins, before shaking her head. "Right. Good input Wren."

And she goes back to teaching."Wren!" I look back up at Calum. "Good work!"

I just shake my head, ignoring him.

A few minutes pass, and I'm engrossed in the teachings of the classic fairytales, when something hits my head and lands on the table. A piece of rubber.

I ignore it. Provably some twat that's aim was so bent and he missed his friend. But then another one hits me in the back of the head. I scowl, fishing my black beanie out of my messenger bag and throw it on.

Hah. I'm protected now. "No projectiles can hit me anymore!" I whisper to Drestin, who's busy snoring. I jut shake my head, planning on all the ways I could slap him awake when the lecture was over.

But then a whole rubber hits me, on the neck, and I curse. "Ow!" That actually hurt :(

"Wren! Wren talk to me, I'm so boooooreeed!" Calum is sprawled in his seat, yawning. His white bowler hat is slipping down his face, and he yawns.

I just laugh at him, but he seems to take that as an invitation to get up from his seat and swing into the one beside me. Dammit, where are all the students when you need them?

I ignore the smaller boy as he pokes my side, and I try to calm my nerves.

You know, because I have level 2 anger issues. And I didn't need to whip out my knife right at that moment to cut a bitch.

"Damn your jawline is sharp," he says, smiling up at me. The height difference is staggering, me being 6'3, him a measly 5'6 or so.

I ignore the ray of sunshine literally bursting beside me, and focus on annoying Red, instead. I poke the back of her head.

Beside me, I feel Calum sigh, and look away. Why he seems deflated, I neither know, nor do I care. "Hey, Red!" I whisper, laughing quietly when she yelps. She must've been concentrating.

She turns around, her dark eyes narrowed in frustration. "Shhh! And my name's not Red, it's Rita!"

I smirk. "Sounds like Red to me."

She breaks out into a small smile, rolling her eyes. "Right. Go back to your boyfriend, Roy."

I scowl. "It's Wren."

"Sounds like Roy to me!" And with that, she turns around, grinning triumphantly to herself.

Only a few minutes later, when class ends and Freston is woken up by me screaming, "THE BRITISH ARE COMING, "Do I realise that I never corrected Red.

I never told her Calum wasn't my boyfriend.

Ooh Wren! I mean, he's not falling in love anytime soon, so you guys better get ready for some feels! ♡