1

Jack's pov.
I picked up the small phone off of the matted fuzzy carpet and flipped it open, seeing the wallpaper was me and aybiss in a boat she took the photo to be funny but i hated her for it. I remember the day like it was yesterday only except it was 3 years ago, our daughter ace was only 2 years old when she finally had enough of me and walked away not just from me, but from ace as well. Although i know ace does not remember her mother, nor does she understand why she lives like this. She's still so young and its been really hard taking care of her on my own she cries all the time, asks a lot of questions, gets hurt a lot and doesn't know why i cry everyday.
I clicked on her contact and hit the dial button remembering she had been the one who taught me how to use this piece of trash, it rang, and rang, and rang three more times before it went to her voicemail. I've left her millions so whats one more going to hurt? I waited for the beep before taking a deep breath and speaking into the phone "h-hello, aybiss im really so sorry for making you want to leave me.. i need you i-i cant keep raising ace on my own she's getting sick a lot and she is starving to death i dont know what to do aybiss, p-please come back to me, to us we need you ace needs you, i need you i-i love you aybiss please i-" i was cut off by the beep signaling i was out of space. At this point i was sobbing, the black goop i was oh so used to falling from the sockets in my mask onto the floor next to my beautiful baby girl, she was sleeping soundly holding onto her bunny stuffed animal she's had since she was born. Ace was so small for her age, looking at her made me let out a harsh sob i had to cover my mouth to keep from waking her up. I stood up and walked softly to the bathroom in the small abandoned apartment i found a few weeks ago, i looked into the broken mirror and started to peel my mask off i looked at my pale grey skin and my oozy black eyes that were once green. I thought about my life before i was a pshycotic serial killer, i had tan skin, freckles over my cheeks, light brown hair and bright green eyes. More of the goop fell from my eyes to my cheeks so i wiped it off of my scarred up face and sighed into my sleeve, what did i do? why did she leave me..? why did she leave her daughter, with a monster? I punched the wall closest to me and leaned on the door, sliding to the floor.

I heard small whimpers coming from the living room where my baby was once asleep, "dada can you come here pwease" she said from outside the door, i open it a crack and saw her on her knees bowing her head down "whats wrong babygirl?" i asked scooping her up into my arms.
"i-i heard a loud boom and it woke me up and i couldnt see you dada i got scared" ace whispered clinging onto my hoodie, i smiled at her showing her my not so pretty teeth but she didnt seem to mind. "it's quite alright honey, im okay" i tried reasurring her but she could see right through me "dada, why your face have booboos all over it? wheres mama? why were you crying again daddy?" she asked me all three questions at once, i felt an all too familiar pang in my chest. I looked down into her bright eyes and gave a small smile "dadas just sad babygirl, mommy was sad too so she went somewhere for awhile.. she'll be back soon i promise" i choked out, it broke my heart to lie to ace. I felt a tear fall out of my eye to which ace put her small hand on my cheek and wiped it away, keeping her other hand fisted on my hoodie. That one small action from her made me start sobbing again, i pulled her tightly against me and kissed her head "it's gonna be okay dada, i love you" she whispered against me. I shivered and hugged her tighter "i know baby, i know" i sighed through lying teeth.

I heard a beep come from the phone, i jumped up still holding ace tightly in my arms. A small ounce of hope in me was praying it was aybiss, but, of course it wasnt how dumb was i to think it would be.. she hated me, she could be dead for all i know. I shuddered at the thought and looked at the notification on the screen, it was an amber alert please stay indoors or find your nearest closet or bathroom when the time comes tornado warning.
I closed the phone and shook my head, i put ace on the couch and told her to sit still while i went to get the matress from our "room"
I grabbed the heavy cotton bed along with our pillows and any food we had lying around and put it into the smallest closet. "dada what are you doing putting our bed in the closet silly" ace shouted from her spot on the couch, she was so adorable i even let out a laugh. I looked up through the parting in my hair at my little girl and waved my hand at her to come here, "okay sweetie, this is our safe place for the night, theres a big storm coming.. we dont have to get in yet but whenever daddy says to you go in okay?" i explained to her what it was and she nodded her head and poked my nose. "dada can bunbun come in too? and the fan cause its gonna be hot in der" ace asked looking up at me innocently, "yes darling, bunbun and the fan will be in there too."

It's been 3 hours since i recieved the amber alert and so far it was only raining, i looked out of the window i hope she's okay... I heard aces feet pitterpatting on the carpet before i felt a quick bounce of the couch and tugging on my hoodie, "yes ace baby?" i murmured zoned out still peeking out of the blinds "what you doin dada?" she asked quietly "oh nothing, checking the weather" i replied. "could we play a game dada?" she pleaded, i nodded my head and asked what game, she said she wanted to play the horsey game. I playfully rolled my eyes at her request but how could i say no to those eyes, its a game i've played with her since she could crawl. I got on all fours and let her climb onto my back, she grabbed my hood and said "giddy up, giddy up" i laughed and attempted to make horse noises but failed horribly, i crawled around and went wherever she wanted to go in the apartment.

We played this game for a good 10 minutes until a loud crack of lightning and thunder scared ace so bad she fell off of my back and started crying, i looked at my precious doll and kissed her better.
I stood up and looked out of the blinds, it was 6-7pm by now and i could see a hint of green in the dark clouds and i knew well what that means. "Ace get into the safe place right now please, dada will be in there soon okay?" she nodded her head and grabbed bunbun and shut herself into the closet, i grabbed the battery powered fan, batteries, some flashlights and a bucket for a potty until this was over.

Once everything important was collected like her and i's clothes and shoes i climbed into the closet and handed ace a flashlight, the first thing she did was hold it under her face and make spooky faces which resulted in me laughing. "you are so silly baby" i said loudly.
Another crack of thunder and lightening boomed and shook the building, thank goodness we are on the first floor. I seen ace start to shake through the faded light of the cheap used flashlights, i grabbed her hand and pulled her into my lap and held her close whispering calming things to her while rocking her back and fourth, she had bunbun in her left arm and her right thumb was in her mouth. I should really break her off that habit but, shes only 5.
I heard loud gusts of wind and the windows in the place start to shatter, i could hear things crashing into the walls. "dada whats happening?!" ace asked panicking, "shh baby its okay its just a bad storm" i cooed still holding her, i pulled the matress over us and waited for this to be over.

Ace fell asleep once everything started to calm down, i flipped open my phone and seen that it was 1am. I leaned back further to stretch my legs and lay flat so ace could lay ontop of my chest, i soon fell asleep as well, a very light sleep just incase ace woke up scared.

------------------------------
1589 words yay 2 me!

im so sorry for leaving you guys hanging for over a year
and ik i changed my mind a lot but i now have a complete idea in my head for this sequal and i hope you guys like it.. again i apologize.

you can kik me @ rayni.lynne thank you for your kind words and patients it really means a lot to me.
I still love you all ❤
-rayni