5

ok so this chapter is nothing but jeff talking to himself and jack, with jack contemplating on leaving with ace enjoy pals.

Jeff's pov
My eyes... the burned skin- over rotted and sunken in, they burned every. single. time. i cried. I couldn't blink, i felt my singed eyelids twitch every time there came the need. I look like a mad man and i know it, everyone does.. my eyes were so blood shot it was just hideous. I'm honestly over it, I definitely look like my personality. Killing people and for what, i smell like barf and my hair is one huge knot. Not attractive, not like a girl would find me attractive even if i didn't have a birds nest on my head.

Should i tell jack about aybiss? i should. She's with the two worst proxies in the woods to come across. "Jack", "hm.." he groaned "aybiss is with masky and hoodie, i seen them" i admitted. "wait.. what?" he said jumping up from a slumped position, "yeah, they're coming here.. i just thought you would like to know, I'm gonna tell ben and sally so we can leave." i sighed waiting for his reaction, "w-why would we leave! my w-wife is coming here w-we cant leave, she needs to see a-ace" jack stuttered nervously "jack, i know this.. but you and ace are in danger, so is she why else would masky and hoodie be with her.. they are going to kill you, then her and probably give ace to slender as a 'sacrifice' " oh fuck, why the hell cant i ever shut the hell up. "hold on, slenders their king? he's against us?.." he sounded winded. "jack we have no time I'll talk to you about this later' BEN, SALLY GRAB ACE AND LETS GO" i shouted cutting him off so I didn't have to explain everything right now, so I went to grab my stuff.

Jacks pov

Is he kidding me, is he not going to act like this is important? i need straight fucking answers, the more i thought about it the more pissed off i was getting. Clenching my fists and my jaw bone i stormed after jeff, catching up with him in the bathroom i grabbed ahold of his jacket and shoved him against the door " STRAIGHT answers NOW!." i gritted my teeth "aww, babe don't be like that.. i already told you i'd tell you later, patience hun"- "now if you don't let go of me this knife in my pocket will be shoved down your throat all the while its glowing red" he menaced. I dropped him off the wall and punched a hole right next to his head "don't take too long 'hun' " i said and slammed the door shut.

I grabbed ace from her spot on the couch, pulled her backpack over my arms and stepped into the darkness. I want to leave right now, without them for the safety of my daughter but what if leaving on our own puts her in danger? I sat with her in my arms, her wrapped in a blanket still on the first porch step and waiting until everyone was ready to go. Ace only stirred in her sleep, mumbling about a circus clown and some peanuts. Ben stepped outside with his and Sally's backpacks in arm, Jeff was next. We started walking away from the cabin, leaving the empty food cans for them to find. I needed answers or i was going to go insane.
For so long I've been trying to be a good dad and, as it looks I'm a piece of shit. Maybe I shouldn't be so, secretive? Maybe I should tell ace about her mother and her father's past.. or should I wait..

I wasn't paying any attention to where we are walking and I now realize im so stupid for not. What if something happens like we get separated and we need to go back to the other cabin. Up ahead there was one of the tallest pine trees in the woods, stapled upon it was an old piece of paper with an O with the proXies X through the middle. The buzz of his haunting started to blur my vision, my ears ringing.. what was this? Was this slenders work? We all stopped in our tracks and looked around my hands over ace's ears and eyes. Jeff made an old hand signal I'm surprised he remembered, which meant separate and go different paths, since I had no clue where I was going Sally went with Ben and Jeff came along with me, "Jack, I know you don't want to but the proXies are looking for you and your daughter.. they're coming after you. Ace would be much safer with Ben and Sally, Ben will take good care of her." I didn't like the sound of this but he was right. I reluctantly handed over her weightless body to the short boy "you better keep her safe" I snarled at him, Ben gave me a promising look and headed their way, as far away from the buzzing we can get before we could meet back up.
Me and Jeff started on the other way, keeping distance from the taller trees and such. My first instinct was to look back and see my daughter was safe but all I could see was darkness they were already deep into the woods. I took a deep breath and kept on trucking, Jeff stayed silent for the most part.. all except his horribly loud breathing. "Jeff your breathing is going to get us in trouble" I warned, he rolled his eyes at me and came back with "oh shut up, you have it easy", "remember Jeff you cut your mouth into slits, nobody dragged that blade for you". He didn't say anything back but he shook his head, I could tell he stopped breathing to hide his heavy sighs.

"Jeff I was kidding" I laughed "I put up with it for years you think it bothers me now?"

"Well.. no, but you were gone for so long i-i didn't want to annoy you.. I missed you." Jeff mumbled. I nodded in understanding.

"I apologise for disappearing for so long.. when aybiss left me with ace I was lost and sad, I don't know how I made it this far."

"You know you could've came back right? We would have helped you.. we've all grown up, we no longer feel the need to kill for the fun of it.. now we protect ourselves from the bad guys.. not that we aren't but you know what I mean."

"I was going mad I didn't want to hurt anyone" "I almost hurt ace multiple times.. I've gone out to hurt someone and end up contemplating just leaving her. But I couldn't and I can't, I love her too much."

"I understand jack, I do.. I just wished you would have tried to find us.. we've been at that cabin for years. Just waiting"

"Waiting for what?"

"For you to come back.." he sighed, "I wouldn't let them leave and if they did I wouldn't have" Jeff bowed his head and watched his feet.

I shook my head in disappointment, in myself. "I'm so sorry Jeff.. I know I'm an asshole to you.. how have you put up with it, since day one I have been. One second I'm trying to kill you the next you're my brother that I can't stand watching you just act like it was nothing" I whined "I'm such a shitty person and all you've tried to do was help me" the goo started to fill up my mask sockets.

"Jack don't cry or I'm going to, we aren't faggot's c'mon.. I love you dude and I will always be here, I stayed in one spot for you.. but we're back on track man, we can be best pals again". He said, Jeff looked at me sympathetically and smiled.

I nodded my head and wiped the gunk onto my black hoodie sleeves, I shook my head one more time and got back on track, I hung my arm around his shoulders and continued on. "No homo" I laughed and jerked Jeffs shoulders. Oh what a day.. it was pitch black out so hopefully he knows where we are going considering he's almost blind.

The path was finally starting to open up, the moon was finally shining enough light that we could clearly see everything. The trees, the different paths and a few snakes hanging from branches, we were in a swampy area so the mosquitoes were heavy in the water. A wooden dock was covered in wet leaves, just as me and Jeff stepped off the dock a splash sound was made.. and definitely not a light one.

----------------------------
1432 words. (updated; a few more words but idk how many)
WHAT NOW!! it'll get even better I swear,

My coming up chapter is an...

Ask eyeless / ace

surprise! Please leave questions in my comments or Wattpad inbox. P L E A S E !!

Follow me on ig @/ raynilynne
Add me on sc @/ raynilynne
Follow me on the app ur on now, and you can message me on kik rayni.lynne for the questions as well! (sometimes I forget I have one) just state your name, your Wattpad user and your question(s) 2 per person, even your little or older sister. THE

PSA; ANSWERS WILL BE IN THE CHAPTER AFTER THAT ONE.

Thank you so much.

L, Rayni Lynne ❤