Waste of Time

Chapter 8: Waste of Time
Waste of time

She entered the village, followed by the whispers of the humans.

A Claymore?

But she's a woman! That can't be one of the Silver Eyed Slayers!

Look at the sword! That's a Claymore! She must be!

After all we ordered one here!

Do you think she will be able to find the Yoma?

She has to! That's our last chance or we all will be eaten by that thing!

But if she's a Claymore she is part Yoma herself! Why should a monster kill a different monster to help us humans?

"Would you humans please be silent? Your whispering is awfully annoying!" Nila said loud and sharp. She was in the middle of the market place. The villagers had surrounded her. To afraid to come closer, but curious enough to follow her. They all had been flinching, while she had spoken. "If I cannot focus I might kill a human instead of a Yoma" she added slightly smiling. Her voice was sweet, but that only made the threat more intensive.

The humans looked shocked at her. Those silly creatures! Like she would ever mistake a human for a Yoma! She could feel their auras so easily and the smell of their Yoki filled the air. "I don't understand how the Yomas are able to deceive the humans. It is so obvious who the Yomas are!" she thought.

"So I assume that you already collected the fee for the job. For how many Yoma exactly?" Nila asked bored. The Yomas who were in the village were so weak. She knew the fight wouldn't last over a few seconds if she would take them seriously, but honestly Nila never did. An old man came forward and started to talk. His voice was silent and he was trembling. Obviously intimidated by her. "We've collected the fee for eight Yomas. It should..."

Nila interrupted him. "Good. Then I can kill all of them. Your village must be quite wealthy to be able to pay such a high fee or really, really desperate. Anyway, since you Yomas were so kind to gather all here, I will return the favour. I will give you a quick death."

She moved her hand to the hilt of her sword. Suddenly the warrior disappeared. "Where is she?" the old man asked shocked.

"Oh I'm right here!" the sweet voice of the woman replied. Her sword moved through his chest without resistance. The two parts fell down, while blood was gushing from the body.

"She killed a human!" a woman screamed terrified. Out of nowhere Nila was beside her. "Ts ts. Stop your acting. It's useless." The Number 13 sliced her head off.

Screaming the villagers ran away. Nila sighed heavily. "For crying out loud, why does it always have to come to this?" She rolled her eyes and then within a second she was next to two other Yomas. One was to her left the other one to her right. "That's not the right time to hide your power. Although it wouldn't make a difference anyway." Abruptly the two stopped. After that their chests broke into little pieces. The blood splashed into all directions and covered some of the villagers.

Now Nila stood in front of a little child. A girl with black hair. "What a nice disguise!" she stated and before the girl could move, Nila's claymore moved from her head downwards. She had split the girl into half.

Bored the warrior felt how a Yoma gave his human form up. She slowly turned her face to it. "Pretty late, don't you think?"

"I'm going to kill you, Claymore!" the monster roared.

"Funny!" Nila appeared behind him "I wanted to say the same thing to you." The monster turned around, but a second later its head hit the ground. Again she sighed. "The other two still didn't transform. How foolish of them! Although even trying to get away from me is foolish. Yomas are really quite dense and so boring!"

It didn't take her more than three seconds to catch up with one of them. "Wha..." the Yoma in human disguise started, but Nila didn't let him finish its sentence. She cut the entire creature into little shreds. "Just one left. Finally. Yomas are such a waste of time."

The Yoma had hidden in a little alley. It was trying to hide its aura. Nila could tell, but her senses were far too sharp to let this work. "Oh my, oh my! How desperate you must be to even try to hide. Usually you are always so proud that you are the predators of this world. Since when does a predator have to hide? Well, it's time to end our game of tag" she said while looking down on the Yoma. She stood on a rooftop. Surprised and terrified the Yoma stared at her. Then Nila jumped. The monster was screaming, while the Number 13 sliced through its chest.

With one move of her arm she removed the purple blood off her sword. Nila put the claymore back into its holster. The sound of clinking armour was the only thing that could be heard, while she walked back to the market place. Then, after Nila had made sure that the humans could hear her, she said "The job is completed. Eight Yomas have been killed. A stranger dressed in black will come by later to collect the fee. Give the money to him. I will leave now."

The warrior walked out of the village into the nearby woods. She would wait outside for the rest of the hunting party. She couldn't bare the presence of humans for longer than a few minutes. After Nila had found an appropriate place to rest, she stuck her sword into the ground. She leaned against it. Even though the fight had been a bloodbath, not a single drop of blood had stained her clothes. Nila sighed. "I guess from now on I have nothing left, but to wait."