Report and Epilogue

Chapter 24: Report and Epilogue
Report regarding the latest events

The Numbers 1 to 3 have awakened. According to the "Eye" Isley has become an Awakened Being that cannot be killed with our current resources. Further research on creating a warrior that is able to kill him is recommended.

But the awakening of the former Number 1 has been a breakthrough for our research. His awakened form is strong enough to conquer even the awakened forms of the dragon kin. If we would find a way to create a controllable monster of this calibre our problems concerning the war could be solved. However, there is still the question if every Number 1 transforms into such a strong Awakened Being or if Isley's new strength was an exception.

He has moved north. To avoid a conflict and losing more warriors than necessary we abandon the territories in the high north. The towns there have already caused us problems so finding an excuse for our actions shouldn't be a problem.

Rigaldo seems to have also moved into the north, while Dauf has been seen in the west. Both of them are extraordinary strong Awakened Beings, but we should be able to kill them if necessary. We will let them be for the moment.

The Number 4 has been killed in a fight with Isley. A most unfortunate development. Her strength had already surpassed Isley's and even our new candidate for the Number 1 spot, a young female warrior named Riful, will most likely never be able to reach her level of skill. Her body, however, has proven to be a very interesting research object. Dae is currently investigating her corpse. He says that her body will be able to help us on our research.

The Number 5's dead body was found a week ago. Her body bared no signs of a fight, but her head was cut off. The cut was clean and straight so we assume that another warrior has killed her or that she took her own life. It's highly unlikely that we will ever find out, but our first two female warriors have taught us that we cannot rely on male warriors anymore.

Men awaken too fast and easily while female warriors can go up to 80 percent without awakening. We have already enough female warriors to replace the men. They are all still very young, but we cannot wait any longer. We will replace the men slowly to avoid a mass awakening. The ranks from 1 to 5 won't be filled until all men are either dead or awakened.

However, we have already candidates for those positions. Riful, as mentioned above, has the necessary power to be our new Number 1. She is still barely more than a child so manipulating and controlling her should be easier than with Isley. Sistina shows also great potential and should be a good replacement for Rigaldo. Edith will take Dauf's rank, but she should be treated carefully. She is very hot-tempered. Rhea is our candidate for the Number 4 spot. She shows great sensing skills and should be suitable to be our new "Eye" once Steve is disposed of. Our new Number 5 will be Daphne. Unlike our other female warriors she seems to have great problems with dealing with humans. She should be watched carefully.

Report End.

And so ends the story of the Hurricane and the Shadow...

I'm really proud of myself for finishing it.

Of course it's not perfect. There are some plot holes for example that Chronos and Lars awakened and in my story they don't even exist or that Isley was the last one of the single digits to awaken. In my defence I started writing this way before chapter 125.5 was published and the last few chapters really threw things in I hadn't expected.

And maybe some of you didn't like the fact that I portrayed Nila and Elisha as so incredibly strong. But in my opinion strong warriors tell the more interesting stories and besides nine out of ten times the weak Claymores die, so I had to make them strong.

Nevertheless, I like how this story turned out and I hope you did too!

Thanks for reading and the nice and encouraging reviews! 3