Chapter 7: Waking up in a strange bed...

*This story was entered for the #Wattys2016*

I felt my body shift under something soft. It felt so comfortable and fluffy like a cloud...not like I knew how clouds felt like.

Flipping over on my back I sigh in contempt. Though my body ached, whatever I was laying down on made it ache less.

Wait. My bed in the motel was not this comfortable, not even half. Where are the metal springs that poked my ribs every time I turned and the rough sheets that was ripping in the middle from me laying on the same spot for years?

Grabbing the foreign object in my hands from underneath me I slowly open my eyes.

Blinking my eyes to adjust to the lowly dimmed room I rub them trying to focus my vision to my unknown surrounding.

Looking side to side I instantly realize I wasn't in my room. "Where am I?"

Sliding my hand over my face I immediately hiss from the pain I feel on my cheek. Touching it carefully I feel it swollen. "What happened?"

Sitting up I swing my legs over the mattress and stand up. Looking down I realize that I wasn't wearing my uniform from O'Mally's which makes me panic.

I was wearing a long sleeve button down flannel shirt that reached below my knees.

Glancing around the room I see an opened door and make my way towards it. Walking through I see is an en suite bathroom. Feeling the wall to see if I find a light switch which I do I flip it up turning the light on.

The bathroom is huge, pretty much made of marble with a walk in shower on one side and a bathtub on the other side.

The cold floor made me shiver once I made my way to the double sink. The large mirror that occupied the wall revealed my reflection.

My eyes widened at the sight of my swollen and bruised face. Lifting my hand up I touch it, examining it. Furrowing my eyes I try to concentrate on what may have happened. Then it hit me...the man that I had waited on the night before.
"Did...oh my God." gasping at the memory that came rushing through my mind.

Glancing around I panic again. Did he hit me so hard that he knocked me down bringing me to his place? To have his way? To rape me?

Looking down I lift the shirt up. Releasing the breath I was holding once I see my underwear didn't have blood stains. "Maybe the bastard changed them?" I ask myself.

"I need to get out of here." turning around I turn off the light switch on my way out of the door.

Back in the room I make it back to the bed to see if I can find my clothes and shoes. Glancing around I find my shoes and quickly put them on. With no luck in finding my clothes I make my way to the door opening it quietly just in case he was out.

Taking a deep breath I stick my head out looking in each direction of the long hallway. Not seeing or hearing anything or anyone I slide out of the room making my way to my left. Reaching the end I come upon the top of a staircase. Descending carefully I look around making sure no one is around to see me.

On the final step I hear voices that startle me. Looking for somewhere to hide, I see a door across from the staircase. Rushing towards it I open and step in closing it behind me quietly. It's dark realizing it's a coat closet. Staying quiet I listen for the voices which are a bit muffled.

"I'm going up to check on her." a man's voice says. I can't really say I recognize it, but then again, why would I?

"Alright, I'll be right up. I have to check something in the office." another male voice says.