Chapter 18: Egoistic Ways...

01/09/2018: #431 in Romance

01/12/2018: #367 in Romance

01/13/2018: #282 in Romance

01/07/2018:

Happy New Year everyone! It was a long, tiring and overwhelming 2017 and I Pray that 2018 will see some of my goals being accomplished. Hope you see them too!

I sat on the bed eating an egg sandwich which I had picked up on the way to my new place. Among a few other food items that would hold me for a few days. I couldn't risk being out too much knowing that the twins may be searching for me. Are they searching for me?

I seriously don't know why they would. How many times must I tell them that I wasn't interested in their proposal? That I didn't want to be under them? How I didn't want them controlling me, even though they said they wouldn't? But they would be -- at least Aiden would. He doesn't even hide the fact that he wants to control me. Does he want control?

I almost gave in. Only because of Brayden and how sweet he was to me. I felt he really cared about my well being. How he spoke and took care of me. I never really experienced a man being so nice and caring. At least without wanting anything in return. I shutter at the thought, shaking the memories of what those creeps did to me when I was younger.

Throwing away the wrapper from the sandwich, I stretch my tired limbs looking around at the small efficiency I was now living in. Compared to the Motel, this place is a step up. At least it has a kitchenette with a fridge and it isn't as cramped.

Looking at the alarm clock on the night stand I realize that I had to get ready to go help Mrs. Valdez for a few hours. I need some form of income until I find another job or jobs in my case. I know I can't go back to the diner or back to O'Mally's. The twins probably have their people watching over the place and if I go near it, they are sure to find me. 

Sighing with sadness at the thought of not seeing Mr. O'Mally for a while breaks my heart. He is more than my employer and he has been so kind and generous to me. Treating me like his family member when I don't have any myself. Maybe in time I will be able to see him and explain. But explain what exactly? That his two very good looking and wealthy Godsons offered to take care of me for no reason and I refused? That I rather live in poverty and hide out from them because I want my independence? How I know he made sure I met them that night knowing that there might be a slight chance that they would fall for me? 

Me. An uneducated, worthless, broken and used girl who is afraid or incapable of knowing happiness let alone love. How every time a man touches me, my skin crawls and I go into a full blown panic attack? That the thought of someone actually seeing past all my insecurities, doubts and fears truly scares me.

... yet knowing that the twins are willing to see past all that, puts hope in my heart.

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Isabel, mi nina, me puedes ayudar con esto?" Mrs. Valdez asked while I was dusting her bureau in her bedroom.

"Of course. Where do you want me to put it?" taking the box that she had taken down from her closet shelf carefully.

"On the bed is fine. Gracias mija." stepping to the side to let me through.