Chapter 9: Awake...

I heard hushed voices in the distance. The strange dream that I was having was making me uncomfortable. Even though I was asleep, my brain was aware that I needed to wake up because something wasn't right. Just like all of those nights I was molested by Joaquin and Julio.

Feeling myself turn on my back I groan. My body felt sore and achy all over. I also felt hot and sweaty.

"Why is it so hot in here?" I shout out still with my eyes closed.

"Isabel? What's the matter?" hearing a man's voice ask next to me.

Realizing that, I sat up. Blinking my eyes I am met with a pair of beautiful worried blue ones.

"Are you hurting?" he asked as he sat on the right side of the bed.

"Are you still sweating?" looking on my other side to see who was speaking. Another set of beautiful worried blue eyes stared at me.

I looked in between them surprised and mostly confused. Why were the twins in my room and in my bed? Wait! This isn't my place.

"What am I doing here?" I asked bringing the cover closer to my body as I scooted backwards so my back was against the headboard.

"You don't remember?" the one in front of me asked.

I shook my head no. He looked kind of relieved as he looked over to his twin.

"You had a high fever of 103 yesterday. The doctor said it was just a cold since you were exposed to the cold weather. We were worried it was the flu but thank God it wasn't. He said to let you sweat it out over night and see how you felt today. So, how are you feeling?" the other twin asked bringing his hand up towards me but I moved away.

He looked disappointed but didn't try again which I was thankful for. I didn't like anyone touching me, especially men I didn't know.

"My body feels sore and my head hurts." I tell them.

"Understandable, here take these and drink some water." handing me two tablets and a glass of water that he got off the night table.

Staring at the items in his hand I couldn't help but hesitate which he noticed. "It's only Tylenol and water. The doctor said to take them if you were still feeling achy. It should make you feel a bit better." he said with a warm smile.

Glancing over at his brother who nodded in agreement I looked back and took the tablets and the glass of water from his hand. Popping them in my mouth I placed the glass on my lips and took a very long and greedy gulp of the cold water which I downed quickly. I was so thirsty.

"Someone's thirsty." hearing the one in front of me chuckle. "Would you like more?"

"Yes please."

"Alright, I will be right back." he says standing up taking the glass with him.

I watched him leave the room in silence. I felt a bit awkward since I was in their home and they had taken care of me while I was sick.

"You really don't remember anything?"

The question had me turn to look at him still not knowing which twin was which. They are so freaking identical.

"Vaguely. Before I woke up I was having a bad dream...a man was on top of me trying to..." shaking my head to erase the memory.

"It's alright. You are safe now Isabel. We won't let anything happen to you from now on." he says sounding sincere.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I didn't understand what he meant. "I thought it was Joaquin or Julio in my dream when they used to..." stopping myself I look away from him.