Chapter 12: Where did you think you where going?

Brayden's P.O.V.

I watched Isabel as she took off running towards the main entrance. I had to blink because it had taken me by surprise. Why did she run?

"Isabel." I shouted running after her. Aiden also ran after her, but on the other side to cut her off. Thank God we caught up to her since her hand was about to turn the doorknob of the front door.

"Isabel! What the hell do you think you are doing?" Aiden shouted as he wrapped his arms around her waist, swinging her around.

"Let go of me! Please, please let go of me! Don't hurt me, I didn't do anything, please." she pleaded trying to wriggle her way out of his arms but he held her tighter against his chest.

"Stop trying to escape." he hissed in her ear. I swear my brother was so smooth.

"Please let go off me. I swear, I won't defy you." she begged and in her eyes I can tell she was afraid. What the hell was done to her?

"Aiden, let go of her." telling him with anger in my voice. Couldn't he tell that she was freaking out?

Lifting his head he glared my way then slowly let her go but before we can say anything she took off...again.

"F**k!" Aiden shouted running after her towards the kitchen. I ran after.

"Damn it Isabel!" Aiden screamed. I know he was pissed and I was afraid that he may hurt her unintentionally.

Making it to the kitchen we see her go through the door that connects it to the garage. Was she seriously thinking of running out in that blizzard with no jacket or snow boots on?

"Isabel?" Aiden called out to her since we couldn't see where she was at. Turning to look at me he raised his brow quizzically. 

Shrugging in response we both look towards the direction of the garage door which was opening right before our eyes. A figure took off running from behind our SUV towards the driveway.

"F**K!" Aiden and I shouted in unison sprinting after her.

Her small figure was a good fifty feet away from us. The snow was ankle high and because she was only wearing flats, it was hard for her to run fast. 

"Isabel! Stop." I shouted and even though the wind was loud, I know she could hear us since she turned her head.

Once she saw us she picked up her pace but Aiden was able to catch her. "What the f**k Isabel!" his voice boomed with the howling wind around us.

"Stop, leave me the hell alone!" screaming back. Aiden ignored her pleas picking her up and swinging her over his shoulder. His face held anger and I knew he was holding his temper.

He didn't say anything and didn't even look at me once he passed me. Sighing deeply, I turned and followed them into the garage where I closed the door, setting the alarm. 

After a few minutes, I went inside to find Aiden and Isabel inside the living room and in front of the fireplace. She was on the floor with her arms wrapped around her legs rocking back and forth. Her body was shaking and tears pooled around her eyelids. She looked like a wet puppy.

Lifting my head I see Aiden facing the fireplace with his back facing me. His arms stretched out holding the mantle with both hands, his head hung low. There was no sound besides the roaring of the fire.

Shaking my head, I walked over to the sofa picking up a fleece blanket then walked over to her. Bending down, I place it over her trembling body. "Here you go beautiful. You need to warm up. I'll make you some more hot chocolate." she didn't respond, just stared into space.