Yukine (Noragami)

"It's time for the next round to begin!" Tamaki proclaimed happily as he danced around the room before coming to a sudden stop. "But alas, for I have heartbreaking news. We're already halfway through this magnificent game!"

Sighs of relief washed over the players, all of them finally assured that the game would eventually come to an end. Until then, there were still more rounds to be played.

Tamaki continued his waltz over to where the girls sat waiting for their turn. He moved past every girl, eyeing each carefully to see who'd be best to go next. He once again stopped his dance short, this time because he saw you.

"You! You're such a beauty, you certainly deserve to go next," he said in a sing-song voice. You blushed at his kind words as he carefully grabbed your hand and helped you up from your seat.

He guided you to the center of the room where all eyes were focused on you. You gulped nervously and moved closer to the bag which contained everyone's belongings. You slowly reached your hand inside and felt around for an item. Your hand came in contact with an item that felt strange. Curiously, you took it out of the bag to reveal an old, dingy charm. You nervously held it up for the other players to see.

With a loud sigh, a boy with blond hair and amber eyes stood up, starting to make his way towards you.

"Hey! Wait! That's my good luck charm I bought!" Yato shouted as he got up from his chair as well.

"Yeah, it's one of those shitty charms you were tricked into buying," the blond haired boy replied. "I meant to throw it out, but I left it in my pocket and I used it for this stupid game."

"It's not a shitty charm, Yukine!" Yato shouted angrily. "The lady promised me that it will bring the holder good luck from years to come."

"You're so stupid to believe scams like that."

"The luck must be true," Tamaki butted in. "The luck of that charm is the reason why you were fated to be paired with this beautiful young lady."

Yukine looked over at you for the first time, finally remembering that you were still here. You both locked eyes causing him to blush and turn away.

"Whatever. Let's get this over with," he muttered, walking towards the closet.

Tamaki grabbed your hand once again and led you over to the closet, close behind Yukine. As soon as the two of you were inside the closet, Tamaki shut the door, leaving you both in the dark. Your heart started racing- you didn't think it was going to be that dark in the closet. You stumbled back until you hit the wall. You slowly slid down it until you were sitting down on the ground, trying to compose yourself. You didn't want to make a fool of yourself in front of Yukine over something as stupid as a lifelong fear.

You looked up to find that Yukine was in no better condition than you. His breathing was heavy and he was attempting to open the locked closet door.

"A-are you afraid of the d-dark too?" you asked him cautiously, cringing every time you stuttered. Even in the darkness, you could tell he was blushing. He let go of the door handle to reveal shaking hands. Eventually, he nodded his head, answering your question.

"Y-you can sit here with m-me if you w-want. Each other's c-company might h-help us," you said shyly. You thought he would ignore you, but to your surprise, he didn't. He slowly moved towards you and sat next to you.

"Do you m-mind if I h-hugged you...?" you hesitantly asked. "Being c-close with s-someone usually helps me, it might help you too."

"O-okay," he replied, his face turning bright pink once again. He wrapped his arms around you and you leaned your head on his shoulder, trying to force yourself to calm down. After a few moments, both your's and Yukine's breathing returned to normal and you both stopped shaking.

You pulled away from the hug and looked up at him. "Thank you for that.... I guess we both helped each other escape our fear. My name is (F/N) by the way."

"Um... Thank you, (F/N). No one has ever been able to help me get over my fear of the dark so easily before. All I was thinking about was that I'd be trapped here in this darkness forever.... When you hugged me all those negative thoughts went away...." he wandered off, another blush appearing on his face.

"Well, I don't think we'll have to worry any longer. Our time in here is almost up," you reassured him.

"Before our time ends, c-can I do something?" he asked cautiously, his gaze purposely avoiding yours.

"Go right ahead," you smiled, curious as to what he was talking about.

Quickly, as if afraid he would chicken out, he leaned over and kissed you. It was a quick kiss but it left the two of you speechless. Seconds afterwards, Tamaki opened the door allowing light to flood inside the closet, completely eliminating the darkness.

You and Yukine stood up and made your way out of the cramped closet. As soon as Yukine stepped out, Yato appeared.

"Did little Yukine get his first kiss in there? I'm sure you did because I felt all those dirty thoughts you had! How hard is it to be near a girl without thinking sexual thoughts!"

Both you and Yukine blushed deeply. You turned away from their argument and started making your way back to your seat.

"Oh, shut up," Yukine muttered, turning his back to Yato. You turned your head and locked eyes with him. You both smiled and turned away from each other. Your mind started to wander about what happened during the time in the closet. If the darkness was the reason why you and Yukine got close, then maybe the darkness wasn't be so bad after all....