Mated Under the Full Moon (2)

So here's the next installment :) Caroline (hehe) and I decided to put this up today because as a pair we decided we will be switching to 1st person.. I actually convinced her to do so because one, it's easier for me, and two, I think it adds a bit of mystery because you guys won't know what the other characters are thinking... So this will be the last chap that will be in 3rd person since Caroline already had this much written, we decided to finish it and post it tonight. So this is a forewarning so you guys won't be confused when the POVS change suddenly next chap :) This is super long in comparison to any of my other uploads! Thank Caroline (hehe) Enjoy!

12 years later

“I beg your pardon?” Meena’s voice was shrill as she stared directly into the eyes of her best friend. Her own eyes were wide as she tried to comprehend her friend’s ridiculous request.

They stood in front of their school. Meena was there to make up a test. Ryker was there for his own reasons, which Meena didn’t care to ask about.

“Oh come on, Mimi,” begged Ryker. He knew it was a lost cause, but he decided to throw in the puppy eyes look for a final touch.

Meena rolled her eyes and whacked the back of his head with her hand.

“Ryker Thomas Stevens,” she addressed, “you lazy wolf, you can itch your back yourself.”

Ryker frowned. “Meena, don’t be like that. It’s a terrible itch, and you have the magical hands here.”

“You little-“

Before she finished her sentence, out of the corner of her eyes, she spotted Roderick coming in. He put a finger on his lips, shushing her before she could say anything.

Play along, he whispered.

“Oh fine,” Meena said, blowing out a huge sigh.

Ryker, unknowing about the fact that his other friend was creeping behind his back grinned his pearly whites at Meena.

“You’d make a she wolf mate,” Ryker complimented.

“So you say,” Meena said, stepping closer to Ryker who lifted up his shirt and closed his eyes in anticipation.

Roderick crept closer, trying to be quiet and not laugh at his clueless friend.

“I’m waiting,” Ryker said, growing impatient.

“Alright, alright.”

At last, Roderick took Meena’s place and stood behind Ryker.

“Hope this cures the itch,” he said.

Ryker’s eyes flew open, but before he could react, Roderick’s palm had already slapped his back. The noise seemed to have reverberated throughout the room.

“Mother of pearl, what the hell?” Ryker yelled, rubbing his burning back. He spun around and looked murderously at his two friends who were laughing like a bunch of hyenas. I’ll get you back, he thought murderously.

Meena wiped the laughing tears that accumulated at the corners of her eyes. She placed her palms on Ryker’s face and made a funny face.

“Oh, lighten up!”

She pulled away and turned to the sound of a honking of a car horn. She spotted the familiar red pick up truck of Jason, her step-dad and bade her friends goodbye.

“See you at the pack meeting!” she hollered back at them.

She climbed in the car and buckled her seat belts.