Chapter 13

Anti and Cry both decide that it was best if we leave tonight. It was easier to blend in the shadows plus we didn't have to worry about raising questions as we head to The Abyss.

For the rest of the day we all gathered supplies from around town. Since our inventories didn't have enough space, we had to do it the old fashion way, backpacks. Three of them to be exact.

Now Cry was checking over the supplies in the last bag while I impatiently wait, clutching the green heart pendant that was around my neck.

"Everything ready?" Anti asks as he walks in putting on a black hoodie. Cry nods.

"Yup, all of our stuff is packed." Anti turns his attention towards me.

"Okay Mark, go gather up the others."

++++

When the sun had completely set, Anti and Cry came down stairs. Both of them had a bag on their backs while Anti handed the third bag to Bob.

"Cryyyyy!" Vinny shouts, trapping him in a bear hug. The other skeleton was no where to be seen.

"Vinny, don't cry," Cry says hugging the frail looking skeleton. I never even knew skeletons could cry until now.

"Do you really have to go?" She whispers. Cry nods.

"Yes, I have too. They're my friends." Vinny pulls back.

"Just be safe," she sniffs. "I don't wanna have to have another loss. You're like a son to me." Cry's lips form a small smile.

"If you think about it, if I die just become part of the family! Then we will be able have fun! A skele-TON." That earns a small smile from Vinny.

"Don't make me laugh, Cryaotic! You know my funny bone is broken when I'm upset like this!" I roll my eyes at their use of puns. This game and their puns.

"Cry, we need to get going if we want to get to Giü before sunrise." Cry nods giving Vinny one last hugs before we all walked out the door, beginning our journey.

++++

About thirty minutes in, Ken and Felix were already exhausted.

"Remind me again Cry why you can't just teleport us to Giü?" Felix says while yawning. Cry glances at him sideways.

"You cannot teleport somewhere that you don't know."

"Giü is also a ancient city of the Underworld, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of spell around the city preventing people from teleporting in and out of the city." Anti adds while staring straight ahead at the dark path.

++++

I sigh. I was about to die from boredom. There was nothing but shadows all around. The only thing we could see clearly was the path. I was carrying Cry's backpack now.

Felix had been so tired that he could barely walk, so Cry was giving him a piggy back ride so he could sleep. Ken, on the other hand, decided to toughen up and keep moving.