Stay by Sugarland.

She sighed heavily as the clocked clicked away another minute. His strong arms around her waist, his bare body against hers. She shut her eyes and smiled, inhaling his unique sent. She prayed and prayed that the room would remain silent, so she could lie with him in peace. And sure enough, as soon as she thought that, his cell phone began ringing.

He sighed and rolled over, reaching for his phone on the nightstand. "Hello?" he said sleepily. "Oh," he looked at the clock, "I guess I just fell asleep in my office," he lied to her. "I'll be home soon, baby."

He hung up the phone and rolled back over, holding Emily close again. "I have to go," he whispered sweetly in her ear. He kissed her gently and sat up, yawning and stretching.

I've been sitting here staring at the clock on the wall
And I've been laying here praying, praying she won't call
It's just another call from home
And you'll get it and be gone
And I'll be crying

"Don't go, Aaron," Emily whispered as she rolled over and propped herself up, looking at him pleadingly. "Please don't go."

"I have to, Emily. I'm sorry."

"No you're not," she said sadly, rolling over again.

"I am." Aaron buttoned his pants and leaned over and kissed her again. "But I can't leave her, Em. She's been there for me, through thick and thin, for a long time. A really long time."

"And I haven't?" Tears began to fall from her brown eyes. "Don't go," she said again.

"Not as long as her, Em. And trust me, if she had given me one reason to leave, I'd be gone. But she hasn't. I'm sorry, Emily."

"But I love you, Aaron. And you love me. And who knows the next time we'll be here. Please don't go." she kept begging.

And I'll be begging you, baby
Beg you not to leave
But I'll be left here waiting
With my heart on my sleeve
Oh, for the next time we'll be here
Seems like a million years
And I think I'm dying

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I am."

"Fine. Go." Tears still ran down her cheeks.

Aaron sighed and pulled his shirt on and began buttoning it.

Emily rolled over again. Sitting up and holding the sheet to her chest, she wiped away tears. "What do I have to do to make you see that she doesn't love you like I do?"

What do I have to do to make you see
She can't love you like me

"Just stay, Aaron. Tell her... tell her... you fell asleep again. Don't leave me."

He smiled sadly at her. "Oh, Em. I'm so sorry, baby. Please know that I am."

Tears began to fall from Emily's eyes again. "Aaron? I love you. You know we don't have to live this way."

Why don't you stay
I'm down on my knees
I'm so tired of being lonely
Don't I give you what you need
When she calls you to go
There is one thing you should know
We don't have to live this way
Baby, why don't you stay

He cradled her face in both her hands and looked into her eyes. He leaned in and kissed her deeply. "I love you more than anything," he said to her.

"Then stay," she said, opening her eyes and looking lovingly at Aaron. "Leave her. For me."

He let go of her and paced to the back of the room, scratching at the stubble on his chin. "I will. Someday, Em. Someday."

"I don't believe you, Aaron." Her tears had dried. "I feel like I'm just some toy to you. I'm your co-worker during the day, and your sex partner at night."

"No. No, your not. You're everything to me. Why do you feel that way?"

Emily looked away. "It's too much pain to have to love a man that I have to share with another woman." There was a moment of silence. "You've known me since you met my mother. You've seen me at my best, and you've seen me at my worst. And you can deal with me. Besides, you're the longest relationship I've ever had. With anybody." She smiled at him.

You keep telling me, baby
There will come a time
When you will leave her arms
And forever be in mine
But I don't think that's the truth
And I don't like being used and I'm tired of waiting
It's too much pain to have to bare
To love a man you have to share

He grinned sadly back at her. "Oh, Emily. Give me time? Give me a little more time and I promise you that I'll make you the only woman in my life."

She searched the room, up and down, with her eyes, keeping her gaze averted from his. Slowly, after a long minute, she looked back at him and grinned. "Okay."

He sighed and smiled, relieved. He knelt on the bed, cradling her face again. "Thank you, baby." He kissed her tenderly again.

"You're still not going to stay, are you?" she asked him quietly.

He shook his head sadly. "Not this time, baby."

"Why? Don't I give you what you want... what you need?"

"You do."

"Then why do you have to go back to her? You never stay."

"I'll stay. Soon. I'll be yours every night."

Why don't you stay
I'm down on my knees
I'm so tired of being lonely
Don't I give you what you need
When she calls you to go
There is one thing you should know
We don't have to live this way
Baby, why don't you stay

"Please do it soon, Aaron? I don't know how much longer I can wait for you like this," Emily admitted guiltily.

"It's not as easy as it sounds. Give me at least a week, okay baby?"

"So seven more times that you'll leave her bed for mine..." she said, almost to nobody, almost informatively. Her finger trailed down her collarbone and stopped in the middle of her bare chest, still covered by a thin white sheet. Her brown eyes fluttered back up to look at him.

Aaron didn't know what to say to convince her that she really was the love of his life. He knew that she really was, and that it was hard on her every time that Haley called him home. He knew that, really, it was Emily he loved. Haley was an amazing woman and he loved her greatly, but he just wasn't in love with her anymore. But Emily... he was head over heals in love with Emily.

"I give you the best of me, and she still gets the best of you," Emily continued to complain.

I can't take it any longer
But my will is getting stronger
And I think I know just what I have to do
I can't waste another minute
After all that I've put in it
I've given you my best
Why does she get the best of you
So next time you find you wanna leave her bed for mine

"Where is this coming from, Em?"

"I don't know. I guess I just... hate it every time you leave. And I don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to live this way."

"And I've told you, if you give me a week, you'll be the only woman in my life."

"You're not getting it," she whispered, lying back down.

He looked at her, a confused expression on his face.

"Aaron? I'm pregnant," she said softly, making him strain to hear her.

His eyebrows rose and mouth fell ajar, a look a disbelief set on his face. That disbelief quickly melted into joy and happiness. He ripped off his shirt again and tackled her to the bed, kissing her madly.

She accepted the invitation and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back.

Why don't you stay
I'm up off my knees
I'm so tired of being lonely
You can't give me what I need
When she begs you not to go
There is one thing you should know
I don't have to live this way
Baby, why don't you stay, yeah

He stopped and looked down at her, a joyful grin on his face. "I'm staying."