Dance With Me.

Emily made her way into seven almost eight year old Jack's room after she had tucked in Abby, her and Aaron's three year old daughter, for the night. She adopted Jack after she and Aaron got married two and a half years ago. She smiled when she saw that he was already laying in his bed waiting for her. She sat down on the edge of his bed and ran fingers gently through Jack's hair. 

Jack looked at her while she was running her fingers through his hair. Once she had stopped, he looked at her. Seeing that his dad wasn't also in the room, he said," Mama, did the case get to dad again?"

He watched her nod before he said," Did the case have to do with children?"

She nodded once more at him before she said," Yes. You know how those cases always make him worry about you and your sister because he loves you two very much."

She paused before she continued," Don't worry about your dad, he'll better in the morning."

She smiled slightly when she saw him let a yawn slip. She said," Time for bed buddy."

He nodded and said," Okay Mama, good night. I love you."

She smiled and said," Good night baby. I love you too."

She kissed his forehead before stood up and walked to the door. She turned off the light and shut the door behind her. She walked down the hall and the down the stairs. She got to the living room to see Aaron sitting the couch with the TV on even though he wasn't really paying attention to it. 

She turned the TV off before she went over to the computer that was in the corner off the room. She turned it on and waited for a minute before she played their song, which was Amazed by Lonestar. She walked back over to her husband and held out her hand to him. She said," Dance with me?"

Aaron nodded and grabbed her hand after he stood up. He walked with her to the middle of their living room where there was the least amount of furniture. With his free arm he pulled her close to him before he placed his arm around her waist. He said," I-"

Emily cut him off and said," I know, you don't have to explain anything to me. I'm the exact same way when it comes to cases with children. No one understands you more than I do. I love you Aaron."

A small smiled graced his lips as he said," I love you too Em."

They continued to slow dance as the song played, finally stopping once it was over. Moving the arm he had around her waist, he used he finger to lift her chin up slightly so she was looking at him. He moved down slightly and kissed her lips. She kissed him, only pulling away when they finally needed air. 

He looked at her after they pulled away. He could tell that she was hiding something. He said," I can tell that you're holding something back Em. What is it?"

She decided that was a good time to tell him instead of keeping a secret from him longer. She smiled slightly and said," I'm pregnant, Aaron."

A face that worry written all over after the case had faded and now had an widening smile across it.