Overprotective.

Six months.

Six months, three weeks, and two days to be exact on how long they had been in a relationship before someone on the team found out. 

Rossi was sitting at the round table, taking a break from his paperwork when Emily and Aaron walked in. They had clearly been talking about something before they had walked into the room but neither one of them seemed to notice the other person in the room. 

Aaron quickly checked to see that no one was behind them before her pulled her close to him and brought his lips down to hers. A minute or so later they pulled apart and smiled slightly at each other. She said," What was that for?"

He said," For you just being you."

She smiled and kissed him gently.

Rossi watched them for a few more moments before he cleared his throat to get their attention. They both turned quickly in the direction of the noise. Before they had time to say anything, he said," How long have you two been together?"

Emily looked at Aaron and nodded slightly before she back at Rossi. She said," Almost seven months. Please don't tell anyone, you're the only one on the team that knows."

It was about two weeks later when the rest of the team had found out about their relationship. They were on a case were the unsub was killing brunette women. Aaron was not letting Emily out of his sight to say the least unless she was with another team member. 

A few days into the case, she had enough. She pulled into the conference room that the police station had let them have, she didn't even bother shutting the door behind them. She said," Okay Aaron, what's up?"

He looked at her and said," What do you mean?"

She sighed slightly before she said," You know exactly what I mean. You haven't let me out of your sight since we got this case. I don't need you watching me, I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself."

He just kinda stared at her for a moment before he said," I know that and that's one of the things that I love about you, Em. I'm sorry if I'm overprotective of you sometimes. It's just that I love you and I don't ever want to lose you."

She couldn't be mad at or annoyed with him, he had very good reasons to be protective of her. She said," You're never going to lose me,"

She paused to kiss him on the lips. She continued," I love you too." 

He pulled her close to him, not really caring if anyone or the team saw at this point. He kissed her before he brought her into a hug. 

Outside the conference room stood Rossi, JJ, Morgan, and Reid. JJ, Reid, and Morgan all had shocked expressions on their faces. JJ was the first to speak, she said," Two things. Morgan what ever you are about to say, keep it in and tell Penelope later when you call her later. Also, Rossi why don't you looked shocked? How long have you known?"

Rossi looked at JJ and said," About two weeks."

She said," And how long have they been together?"

He said," Seven months."

A week later, the case was over and they on their way back to Quantico. Penelope was waiting for them by the elevators. Aaron turned to the team and said," Can all of you stay for a bit?"

He watched all of the nod at him before he said," Meet me at the round table in five minutes."

With that being said, he walked off to his office, where the blinds were already shut. He shut the door behind him and sat down in his chair behind the desk. He opened the top drawer and pulled out the small black velvet box. He opened the box and looked at the contents before he shut it again. He placed the box in the inside pocket of his suit jacket.

He got up and walked out of his office. He walked to the conference room to see that the team was sitting at the round table. He moved the empty chair out of the way before he turned to Emily. He took her left into his left hand and smiled slightly at her before he said," Emily, the first time that we met I knew that there was something about you but I refused to admit it. It took me long enough to tell you that I love you. I knew when we started dating almost seven and a half months ago, that I wanted to marry you. I decided that I wanted to do it with some of the people that mean the most to you."

He paused and got down on one knee. The squeals that could be identified as Penelope and JJ were heard in the background. He took the box out of his pocket and opened it. The ring had a silver band with medium sized diamond and a smaller one on each side. He continued," So, Emily Prentiss, will you give me the honor of becoming my wife and marry me?"

Emily had a few tears running her cheeks as she nodded. She smiled as she said," Yes!"

He slipped the ring on her finger before picked her up out of the chair and kissed her. Claps could be heard as he set her back down. She smiled and said," I love you so much."

He gave her a rare smile that the whole team only saw every once in a while. He said," I love you more."