9x03: The Anointed One

Piper is in the kitchen preparing lunch for three. Billie comes downstairs and walks into the kitchen but suddenly turns around when she sees Piper.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it!" Piper yells as she looks up. Billie stops in her tracks and turns around slowly.

"Where are you going and why are you trying to avoid me?" Piper asks her.

"I'm not trying to avoid you," she says.

"Billie?" Piper says in a very low tone.

"Fine, I was coming down to take something from the refrigerator, that's all." Billie explains.

"Are you sure that's all you came down here to do?" Piper asks suspiciously.

"Yeah." Billie says then she sees that Piper is packing lunch, "Um, Piper?"

"Hmm?" Piper says as she continues to wrap the sandwiches.

"What are you doing?"

"Packing lunch. What does it look like I'm doing?" Piper asks.

"I know what you're doing but aren't you a little bit too old to be packing lunch, in paper bags?" Billie says as she sits down on a stool around her.

"It's not mine, obviously. I'm packing them for Leo and the boys, He's taking them to a baseball game." Piper answers.

"Oh. That's nice." Billie says.

"Yeah, so how are you doing? You know, after the whole hoyden incident?" Piper asks with a hint of hesitation in her voice.

"Oh my God, can you guys stop asking me that? You're just like Phoebe." Billie lets out as she groans, "For the last time, I'm ok. It's been two months since that hoyden incident, and I think I'm ok as far as I'm concerned."

"Yeah, but still I'm just asking because I care. It takes more than a couple of months to grieve, especially for a sister you loved. We've been there." Piper says as she looks down and continue her paper lunch bag project.

"People grieve differently, Piper." Billie says as she gets up and opens the refrigerator, "You've got your way of grieving and I have got mine."

Billie takes out potion vials filled with potions and hides them in her pocket. She begins to walk out.

"Where do you think that you are going with those?" Piper asks her without looking up at Billie.

"With what?"

"Empty your pockets." Piper commands.

Billie rolls her eyes and puts out the potion vials. Piper actually stops what she's doing and she looks at Billie.

"What exactly were you planning to do with those?" Piper asks.

"Nothing, much...just grieving?" Billie answers innocently.

"You're demon hunting, aren't you?" Piper asks her. She takes Billie's uncomfortable silence as confirmation. "This is your grieving process, Billie? I thought we promised no more demons."

"No. You promised no more demons. I just wanted to thin out their demonic ranks before one of them tries to take over the underworld again. I'm doing good a favor and besides, this is going to keep demons from coming here."

"There are a few things wrong with your rambling there, " Piper begins, "We haven't been attacked by demons in the past few months and you doing this is going to attract more demons, not keep them away."