10x03: Adventures in Babysitting

Author's Note:

Due to the weather conditions in the past few weeks, plus my heavy work load, I have not had the chance to post the chapters as regularly as I wanted. I apologize for the delay. Also, due to there being an abundance of characters I have to write for, the episodes are a bit longer than I originally planned. If you think it is too much for one episode/chapter, please let me know and I'll try my best to cut back the length of an episode for your reading pleasure. Thank you and hope you enjoy!

10x03: Adventures in Babysitting

Gabrielle Rose Mitchell is a perfectionist. She always took pride in everything she did because in her mind, it was a representation of herself. At the tender age of ten, she bore the whole world on her shoulders and she did so with ease. She knew she was the oldest of her siblings and she wore that title well. She had the perfect grades and she made sure she set the example for the rest of her siblings to follow.

She walked the fine line and made sure she never broke any rules nor disobeyed any person who was in any position of authority. She knew she was special and with the added responsibility of being a whitelighter-witch; that alone gave her a special sense of purpose in her life. She never knew why or how but she never struggled with her powers. Her twin sister always struggled with gaining control of her powers whenever they manifested but Gabby was different. She always had full control of hers and was eager to show her parents how well she was able to execute the full use of her gift.

That is why she was confused when her mother came home one day and told her she was not to use her magic unless it was absolutely necessary, which turned to be basically never. With many questions burning through her mind, she buried them deep in her psyche and from that moment on, she never practiced magic again. She suppressed her magic and never spoke a word about it again.

As she stood in the attic of the Halliwell Manor, her heart raced faster than she has ever experienced. She has never gotten herself into trouble before so to see her aunts Piper and Phoebe glare daggers at her accompanied with her mother's angry stare paralyzed her with fear.

"Well?!" Piper asks, arms folded and still awaiting an answer.

Gabby's throat immediately went dry, with her words caught in her throat. The words she was capable of forming came out in a stutter.

"Aunt Paige, can you come and heal her please?!" Chris asks, yelling across from the attic looking at Laylah.

"Who is she?!" Piper asks as she walks towards Laylah with her sisters.

Gabby breathes a sigh of relief and walks silently behind the crowd of people, now gathered around Chris and Laylah. Paige kneels besides Laylah and places her hands over Laylah as the healing touch emanates from her hands. She moves her hands up and down her body, making sure she didn't miss any injures this stranger may have suffered.

"I'm still waiting for an explanation!" Phoebe shouts.

"She's not hurt." Paige says as she stops healing, "She is just drained and exhausted. She needs to rest."

"Is anybody going to answer my question or are we going to have to cast a truth spell to fish it out of you?!" Piper threatens, getting impatient.

"That's Laylah..." Paisley finally answers the question that had been on The Charmed Ones' minds for the past few minutes.

"Who the hell is Laylah?" Paige asks.

"We don't know." Tricia answers.

"So you guys risked your lives to save a stranger you guys don't know?" Piper asks.