Chapter 9

I was painting a new portrait. It was my favourite one. I was panting the blond hair and silky white skin. My fingers and cheek were stained with paint and I didn't care. A song was playing on my laptop. But as I wanted to slide my brush again there was a text sent to me. I walked to my laptop to see that my friend from my old home had texted me. My eyes widen there was a large letter. 

Hey, Sof.

I know I didn't text you after you left but I wanted to know how are you? And how's school? How're your parents? Have you met anyone better than me ( I hope not because I'm the best). And have you seen any cute boys? 

Okay, I know a lot of questions but I missed you and I want you home. I feel lost without you. My mom has been caring less about me and I knew you were always there for me when I needed some help. My health is getting worse. But the worst thing is my boyfriend cheated... He cheated for a month right in front of me but I was too blind. You remember that girl with brown hair and tan skin who always walked like a slut and we laughed about her. Yes, he cheated with her. I felt like shit when I got to know about it. I know you said he is bad news but I was blind. I'm sorry. I hope you are doing better than me. I hope you are happy and safe. I hope we can talk some time. When you are free. You are probably painting and being all artsy. See you soon, I hope. Love you lots. 

-Beth

My eyes were stinging with happy tears. I missed her too. She was so crazy when we were together. Always joking and being all happy even though she had so many problems on her neck. And I was angry at her now ex-boyfriend. He was horrible. He never really let her meet me. But in the evenings when she was home I was with her without him knowing. It was really idiotic of him. 

I have known her since kindergarten. We have been friends because we lived in the same neighbourhood. We always played together in kindergarten and from that on we stayed the best of friends throughout school time.

I texted Beth back. Not even minute passed when she answered and called me on Skype. I smiled widely when her face popped up when I hit the answer button. 

"OH MY GOD!" She yelled happily. I laughed at her. She hasn't changed.

"Hey babe!" I said and got comfortable on the bed and held the laptop so she can see me. 

"You look the same but yet so different." She cheered making me smile more. 

"Really?" I asked looking at myself in the front camera of the laptop.

"Yeah, I missed your face. How are you? You need to answer all my questions!" Beth jumped in her seat, ready to know every detail.

" Well, I'm okay. Living after all. School is okay I guess but I have a lot of haters. But what you gonna do about it? Haters gonna hate." I laughed and so did she. Beth nodded with her head making her dyed dark blue hair shake. "My parents are fighting time to time but I ignore it. I don't want to see them like that but they need to solve their problems on their own. "

Her face changed when I told her about my parents more. But she understood and listened carefully nodding showing me that she is listening to me. 

"But enough about them. Next question is ... ah, no I haven't met anyone better than you. But maybe I did. Tae is pretty awesome." I said but giggled when her face showed turned in to a hurt expression.

"What? Who is that? I'm gonna fight them!" She yelled throwing her fist in the air but I knew she is too kind to fight anyone even when she will. 

"I'm kidding. But he is cool and crazy. Always having weird ideas." 

Her face softens. Beth smiled again with her front teeth and laughed again. 

"Okay, next is... " I looked at her letter. I blushed when I read the question. "Well there is a lot of cute ones but I have eyes on one." I smiled.