Chapter 14

I stood at the airport with the boys. It was awkward between us, they waited for me to answer their questions about the night when I ran away from the house. And I guessed that Yoongi didn't tell them too. But I won't be the one who will tell them, I didn't want to remember the night. It was horrible and I hope that Suga was happy with that girl who was something to him.

Tae was excited and happy though, he will meet Beth for the first time. All I knew they talked a lot. A lot more than she talked to me these past few days. It kinda hurt me because I was her best friend but I guess she wanted to heal her wound from her ex but I hoped that Tae won't be her rebound. Taehyung didn't deserve to be a band-aid. He was too good for his own good sometimes.

For my surprise, Yoongi wasn't here to meet Beth. I didn't want to see him anyway. He hurt me. The heart that was beating in my chest still felt the burn from the words and Suga's sad face of the night. 

"I'm so nervous. What if she doesn't like me?" Tae yelled to us rubbing his hands and nervously pacing around.

But soon announced that Beth flight was here. My guts ran like crazy. The door opened and a lot of people came out to meet their family or friends but there were some people who didn't have anybody. Through all of the strangers, I saw the blue hair and confused face of Beth. My smile brightened when our eyes met but my sight was covered by Tae's brown hair. Apparently he dyed it because he was nervous that Beth won't like his orange hair and thought he was some kind of a freak but I know my best friend, she is crazy herself.

We all looked at both of them. Beth and Tae looked at each other so shyly I wanted to nudge them what to do. But before I even blinked Tae pressed his lips against Beth's. I gasped and all the boys shouted 'yeaaah' and 'that's our Tae'. I guess they had found each other. At least now Taehyung won't complain about girls who don't know how to dance.

-

All-day the power couple (Taehyung and Beth) cuddled and did some lovely stuff whilst I was sulking about Yoongi. I wanted to be with Yoongi in public like any other couple in this world. But yet he was 'protecting' me from the fangirls but in the end, told the world I am nothing to him. My heart burst in pain just to think about the things I wanted to do with Suga. Hold hands, kiss his cheek and laughter after lovely dinner. But now all this had faded into thin air.

"How come you and Suga didn't kiss when we were around?" Jimin asked me sipping juice from the glass what was placed by the waiter in the diner.

"I don't know. He said it would be for my own good. But I didn't see the point." I shook my head remembering whenever I wanted to touch him little further than just sitting next to him, Suga just pushed my hand away without looking at me.

Jimin looked at me with sympathy, knowing that Yoongi and I have this brake up even though we weren't together officially. Maybe I was just like the other girls he fucked before me. And maybe he made up the story seeing me in his dreams.

I smiled back to the black-haired boy trying to soothe him to show that I was okay even though I was in pain inside.

"Hey, I can bet he will come back running to you. You are his perfect girl, trust me. I know." Jimin smiled his bright smile and looked back that the others who were now eating their ordered food. I ordered some spaghetti before I talked with Jimin.

After what seemed like forever in the diner we finally went out with loud laughter from joke what was blown from Jungkook. I was giggling a bit but my mind was wondering of space where my memories of Suga laid.

The night was cold. But it seemed that it didn't bother others whilst they chatted among themselves. I was slowly trembling from the cool wind taking step by step behind the others not bothering to jump in their conversations. My gaze when up to the night sky what was filled with stars and bright moon. For a cold night there weren't any clouds to float with the wind.

A jacket was put on my shoulders and it made me gaze at the person. Of course, Jimin was taking care of me and it made me feel safe. He was a great friend. He was the first one who didn't give me cold shoulder and dirty looks at school when I was new here. I was grateful that I have a friend like him. His future girlfriend will be proud of him and she will feel safe and sound with him.

"It is cold," Jimin said making the little fog come out from his mouth. He blew a breath out and made the fog again but in at the end, he laughed. I knew he was trying to cheer me up but nothing to seem to heal my empty hole in my chest. Maybe with time, it will not bleed anymore. But every time I thought about the words 'no one' it made my wound open and add a little bit of salt.

"It is." I replayed to a smiling boy who brightened the whole street.

"I want you to smile, Sof. I know it hurts you to think about Suga hyung." This was the first time I heard him call Suga his hyung. They lived together but I guessed that all this time they were together and it made them feel like a family only it is best friends together.

"How come you know about it?" I asked.

"Well," Jimin started but it looked like he was thinking hard about something or someone," There was a girl I liked, but she never knew me. But when we finally talked she was really rude to me and made me hate myself inside out. She never really want to know me. Her opinion mattered to everyone and they thought of me just like her. My heart broke just like that. I was no one to her. Her sugar-sweet personality was just a cover of her harsh words."

I gasped at his story. He didn't deserve to be like this. I never even looked deeper in him, to actually see that behind his smile and brown eyes were broken heart by a stupid little girl who lost her chance with this amazing guy named Jimin.

"She doesn't deserve you. Whoever she is, her face will be in the mud someday and everybody will laugh at her."

"She died a year ago," Jimin said shortly and it cut my thoughts of the moment.

"Wh-what happened?" I asked startled at Jimin's words. The mood of the conversation changed just like that by hearing his words. Now I saw the hurt in Jimin's brown eyes that usually sparked with happiness.

"Wrong friends. She used drugs, played all her money on some illegal things. And in the end, she bought a gun. Three days later she had a fight with her so-called friends. It was a really big fight that everybody in school knew about it. In the same day, her parents found her in the basement laying on the floor in blood from her head." Jimin caught his little tear from his eye, with a little chuckle he looked at the tear on his finger. 

How come this guy who made everyone's day was so sad inside.

I collected my thoughts.

"I have an idea," I said stopping him making the others go further without their knowing.

"Yeah?" He looked at me with his teary eyes.

"How about we will be a great friend for each other and whenever one of us is sad or in need of help we cheer up each other. I don't know, like make little gifts or tell good compliments. So that makes us smile."

"Huh?"

"Now I know how broken inside you really are and I want to help you whenever. Because you are an amazing friend to me. So I want to return the favour." I smiled widely at him and it made him laugh.

"Okay, seems alright." He smiled back with his eyes smile making me warm inside. And now knowing that we are the same I want to save him too. You never know what will happen.