Chapter 2

Skyler's P.O.V.

"Bye Mum. I'll miss you." I said as she placed a kiss on my cheek. "Bye Dad. I'll see you when Christmas comes."
"Come on, Moonsong! We can't stay here forever!" James called from the door of the train.
"If you will be patient, Prongs, maybe then I'll come." I said to him as I got on the scarlet red train.
"What does it feel like to be in Hufflepuff for the sixth year, now?" Remus said from behind me.
"Not too bad, Mooney. What about you? A prefect, I heard?" I asked him with amusement in my voice.
"Not you, too. Are all of you going to make fun of me just because I'm a prefect?" I chuckled at his sudden outburst like worry.
"Well, I'm only going to be saying something about it today, but I can't say the same for Padfoot, Prongs, and maybe Wormtail." I said with a small smile.
"Hey guys, don't forget tonight's a full moon." Peter said from a compartment that was two down.
"We are all aware of that, Wormtail." I said to him when I started walking towards the compartment.
"Just saying." He muttered.

-~~-

We walked to where the thestrals were standing invisibly. I listen to the sounds of their voices.
"What are they telling you?" Remus asked.
"We have to get to the shack! Now!" I informed them before taking off running. Remus and I are both werewolves, but I was the only one of us werewolves that tried to change into a normal wolf, and I did. I was the only one of the Marauders that actually registered, though.
"The moon's coming out, you guys! We have to hurry!" James said as we got close the Whomping Willow.
"Thanks for the news flash!" I shouted at him over my shoulder.
"No problem!" He shouted back at me. I growled at him because my animal instincts were taking over my head. Anger, sadness, confusion, curiosity, happiness, and fear all flooded inside of my head. I didn't know what was real or not real. What I was really feeling. I changed into the form of a wolf so I could get into the passageway that lead the Shrieking Shack. The security of the dark tunnel was bitter-sweet. I knew that once I saw the moon, I would not be myself. But this tunnel kept my partially safe. I couldn't hurt anyone as long as I was in there. I would still feel the need to hunt people, though. The one thought that I always know is mine is this: I don't want to hurt anyone.
"You guys okay?" Wormtail asked me and Remus at the end of the tunnel.
"For now." Remus replied. Memories flooded to me of the day I was bitten. I was helping the others on the full moon. It was the first day they would actually let me help. I didn't change fast enough, though, and Remus bit me.

-~~-
Sirius's P.O.V.
-~~-

They became out of control as soon as we got inside the Shack. It was painful to watch two of my best friends hurt each other. They fought and fought, but Skyler continued to have the upper hand during the fight. She feeds before each full moon so she can have her strength. I changed into the grim wolf and almost immediately got tangled into the fight. The same happened to James, but this time Remus was the only that tried to fight him.
I watched Skyler with the intensity that I saved for full moons. I had to keep her under control no matter what happened. That was the hard part. Skyler is the strongest of us all, and if we all fought her at the same time, she would still walk away with only a few cuts and bruises. That's the only thing that I focused on other than the fact that she was standing right in front of me. I knew that I would have to use my brain for this or I would end up dead or seriously injured.
She howled and I barely had enough will power to not go into the trance she was trying to put me in. The reason Skyler is called Moonsong is because when she wants to win a fight, she howls so beautifully that it makes whoever it is directed at will be put in a trance. It's happened many times before, so now we know how to block it out. Even though I tried so hard not to be slipped into the trance, I couldn't help but think of her on any other normal day. She's normally so happy and gentle with everyone, even though she's so strong she might even be able to kill You-know-who, if she had some help.

-~~-

When morning finally came around, Skyler and Remus were in so much pain, but it was normal for them at the end of a full moon. In fact, I would be a little bit scared if they weren't in pain. Though today seemed to be on of those days when it was worse than most days. This only happened when the animal instincts fought really hard to stay in their minds. It was hard to watch Skyler in pain. She has been through so much, and, yeah, Remus has been through a lot too, but he was used to this much pain and Skyler only just became a werewolf last year.
When Remus stopped screaming in pain, we had to help Skyler off the floor. She passed out just when Remus was getting up off the hard wood floor. I picked her up in the way a parent picks up their newborn child, and cradled her in my arms. I was alway really protective over Skyler, even when it was just me, her, and the other guys hanging out. I never want her to get hurt.
When she woke up, the first thing she did was look around the room. She let her head drop on my shoulder from where I sat her down and let out a frustrated sigh.
"I'm sorry." She said after a short silence.
"It's okay, Moonsong. We tell you that after every full moon. Every time." James tells her.
"Yeah, I know, but..............I feel bad! I know I shouldn't but I do, and you can't change that." She bursted out. I honestly didn't expect her to say that. It took me off guard, and I didn't know what to do, so I just wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

That's the end of this chapter!! I hope you guys are enjoying the book so far and I hope that you continue to read this book!! Thanks, love you!!!