Chapter 8

Skyler's P.O.V.

The flame was obviously created by magic. It was almost majestic, the way it curled and seemed to dance in the darkness of the new moon. I was somewhat mesmerized by its  swaying movements.
"Skyler, come on. We've gotta get out of here!" I heard my brother's voice say. He pulled my armed, taking me back into reality.
"We can't leave." I said simply. He just barely heard me, but when he processed what I said, he sighed and knew that I was right.
"How can we help, though?" James asked dumbly.
"We fight, James. There's no way around it. By now the doors will be sealed with everyone inside, Deatheaters are coming in through one of the doors, and Voldemort will be strutting in, coming to kill any muggleborn that he finds." I told him grimly.
"How do you know?" He asked. I gave him a small shrug and pulled him into the middle of the crowd.

-~~-

I was correct. Everything played out in a classic Voldemort attack. I saw James, Lilly, Remus, and Sirius fighting, but no sign of Peter. I fired spells at Deatheaters when I could, but I was trying to find my friend, and I didn't pay much attention.
"Skyler, I found an opening. We can get out." I heard. At first I thought it was Peter, but the person talking was revealed as Brayden. Don't get me wrong, I was happy he was okay, but he wasn't the one I was trying to find.
"We can't leave, Brayden. This is a warzone. You either fight or die trying." I told him with a fake smile. He gave a sigh and pulled his wand back out. We jogged back into the fight. The Deatheaters were being overpowered, and it was obvious that they were overwhelmed.
"Avada Kevada!" I heard one of the Deatheaters say. The dark mark appeared in the sky, and I was scared. I saw someone lying dead at my feet. It was Tiffany. I didn't know what else to do, so I dragged the body back to the opening Brayden had showed me.
"What happened? Who died?" I heard Hagrid yell. He was being hit by spells left and right, but it didn't seem to affect him.
"I saw it happen. I've saved the body. It was Tiffany Morgan." I told him in between breathes. Tiffany and I helped Hagrid with his "pets". Tiffany was always really nice to him, and I knew he would be grieving with myself. Tiffany was one of my best friends, even though she always had boys swooning over her. At first, I really didn't hangout with her, but after being paired with her for a potions assignment, we became great friends.
The fight continued until I was wondering when Voldemort would come and get his butt kicked by Dumbledore. He wasn't there, though. Not that I was complaining. With all the skilled teachers and the practicing students, we easily pushed the evil ones back.

-~~-

The fight was over, we won. Tiffany was the only one to have passed in the fight. I ran quickly to the hospital wing and got the basic supplies that Madam Pomfrey and I would need. I ran back and began give out potions to the ones who needed it and healed people with spells and charms. I saw Pomfrey doing the running around the other side of the room, doing the same thing as I.
"You okay?" Sirius asked as I walked around the room once more, checking for anyone else that had been injured. Thankfully, Pomfrey and I got all of them fairly quickly.
"I'm breathing, aren't I?" I said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.
"See, you can't stay mad at me forever." He told me, scrunching up his nose in a really cute way.
"I suppose friends can't stay apart." I said, implying that we couldn't be together anymore.
"Why just 'friends'?" He asked, disappointment was clear on his face.
"I didn't realise how dangerous it would be if we were more than friends. Besides, I heard Gabriel likes you." I told him with a wink.
"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes, for the seemingly hundredth time.
"When she asks you out I get a galleon." I told him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How was that for a chapter?????????? I have officially preordered the new Harry Potter book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😁 (haha baby potato 👶) Anyway....... Goodbye my lovelies!