Chapter 4

Skyler's P.O.V.

"I, honestly, can not believe you." Sirius said when I finally found him. We were standing by the lake, looking out for the squid. It was a game that we played since first year.
"You know, I could say the same thing to you, but I am not because the pain in my shoulder speaks loud enough." I spat at him. He turned to look at me, staring at me hard in the face.
"I got detention for a month! It's all your fault!" He said with complete outrage. I looked at him with the same intensity and spoke with even more.
"My fault?! You say that as if I was in on your little plan and I got us caught. I did the right thing and if you can't see that, then maybe......" I trailed off, not really wanting to say what I thought should have been said.
"Maybe, what, Skyler? Maybe, what?" He yelled at me.
"Maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore! There, I said it! That's how I feel!" I yelled back. I didn't know what was happening. It all happened so fast. But before I knew it, my arms were wrapped around his neck, his arms around my waist, and our lips mashed against the other's.
"You're right. Maybe we shouldn't be friends anymore. Maybe we should be....more." He said softly after our kiss. I didn't know what to say, so I just pulled myself away from him and ran all the way to the Hufflepuff common room.
"What happened to you?" Jenny, my best friend, asked when I got to the dorms. She was lying on my bed, her nose in one of the muggle books she always let me barrow.
"Sirius asked me out." I told her. I had her complete attention, now. She had set the book aside, and her eyes wide with curiosity.
"What did you say?" She asked eagerly. Her eyes seemed to twinkle, the child inside her never at rest.
"I ran here." I told her nervously. She rubbed her eyes and sighed. She, again, pinned her attention to me.
"You didn't just leave, did you? Without saying anything to him?" She asked. I nodded my head. She made a growling sound at me.
"Sorry. I didn't realize how big of a deal this was for you." I muttered. She looked at me, unamused.
"Does your brother know anything about this?" She asked, and, again, I shook my head.
"Okay, I have my work cut out for me, but, I can fix this." She declared. I looked at her with confusion. She had a devilish smile on her face, and I knew it was a bad idea.
"No, no, and no. You will not be fixing anything." I told her.
"Please! I am awesome at putting people together, and you know it." Jenny pleaded with me. I just shook my head and pushed her aside so I could sit on the soft bed.
"No! You can not do anything about this. Promise me, Jenny." I told her. She looked down in defeat.
"Fine. But I could have helped!" She said in one last attempt to be allowed to help.
"Thank you." I said before she put the book back in her face. I got up off the bed and walked to the Gryffindor common room.
"Why hello, Miss Potter. What brings you to the Gryffindor common rooms?" The fat lady greeted. I smiled at her and decided to talk a bit before going inside the common room.
"I'm here to see my brother. How are you?" I asked. She seemed to enjoy the friendly talking that she didn't really get from any other student.
"I'm doing well, thank you." She said in reply. I bid her farewell and told her the password to get inside.
"What do you think you're doing?" Someone said from across the room. I looked up to see James and Remus standing by the staircase. I waved at them and set down my bag.
"Well, it's great to see you, too." I said sarcastically. I sat down by the fire, so the boys just moved in front of the fire.
"We asked you a question." Remus told me. I pulled out a book and waved it in front of their faces.
"I'm reading a book." I told him. He frowned at me. James looked like he was ready to explode.
"You think you can just walk right inside and not expect for there to be consequences?" James asked.
"Yeah, ever since you told me the password." I told him with a smile. He returned it with a glare.
"He kissed you. And you ran!" He half yelled at me. Everyone in the common room looked at us. I pursed my lips. I did not think they would do this here.
"Boys, you wanna know something?" I asked them. They looked at me expectantly, and I motioned for them to follow me to one of our secret passageways.
"I am stronger than both of you. So, I suggest that you leave this allow. At least when we're around people." I told them.
"Yeah, whatever. Can we continue?" Remus asked. I nodded and let them go on with their ranting.
"You guys done yet?" I asked after fifteen minutes of rambling on and on.
"Yeah, I guess, but you're sitting with us for all classes. You are sitting with us at all meals." James demanded.
"Yeah, sure. Whatever makes you happy." I told him as I walked out.
-~~-
I was walking to dinner when I bumped into the last person I wanted to bump into.
"Oh, hey Moonsong." Sirius said. I looked down at my feet, and I could feel the heat rushing into my face.
"Hey, Padfoot." I said shyly.
"Listen, I'm really sorry, about what happened earlier today, but I can't help it. I really, really, like you." He said. I smiled at him.
"I really like you, too." I told him. He grinned, but his grin became even larger when I gave him a small peck on the cheek.

-~~-
Sirius's P.O.V.
-~~-

When she wasn't in earshot,
"WOOHOO!!" I yelled, jumping through the hallway.