Chapter 3

Skyler's P.O.V.

I was sitting by the lake, reading a book that I had gotten from the library. The sounds around me seemed to be intensified. I felt like I could hear things inside the castle. From the tallest tower, it seemed. I heard foot steps and immediately began imagining that someone in the astronomy tower. They were pacing inside the room, the person was Severus Snape. He was obviously worried about something, but his pacing was cut short when someone came into the room. It was Sirius and James. The sounds and voices became more and more clear in my head. James and Sirius were taunting him, making fun of him. I saw Remus come is; I heard him trying to talk sense into my best friend and my brother. Peter walked in, trying to do what Remus was doing. It wasn't working.
I woke up the trance that allowed me to see what was going on. I left all my stuff in a safe spot and ran as fast as my short legs could take me. I got up the top of the tower and saw before me exactly what I saw in my head. I got my my wand out and pointed it at Sirius. He got his wand out and pointed it at me.
"Why are you doing this, Moonsong? Hurt your friends to save someone who has done nothing to earn your trust, or do what your friends do and be cool." He told me, making me angrier. I look from him to where James had his wand pointed at Remus, Remus's wand pointed to James. Lily Evans burst in the door just then, wand out.
"You wanna know why I'm doing this? Because it's the right thing to do. Expelliarmus!" I yelled and his wand instantly flew out of his hand, the force of the spell even made him double back. He was quick, though, and soon he was a grim wolf, but I was quick, too.
I knew that spells could easily miss him, so I changed into a wolf and soon we were at each other's necks again. It was just like any other fight during a full moon; the only difference was there were other people here. James and Remus were fighting, Sirius and I were fighting, Lily and Severus were trying to escape, and Peter had run off somewhere.
I pinned Sirius on the ground, and James was already subdued by Remus. Lily and Severus must've gotten out because they were nowhere to be found. Sirius growled at me, and he bit into my shoulder blade. I almost considered biting him back, but I didn't because I didn't know what would happen if I did.
Instead, I scratched his chest. The only problem was, with me being the strongest of the five of us, the cut was deep.
He changed back to his human form, so I did as well. He looked at me angrily before turning his angry gaze on Remus, and left the tower. I let out an exasperated sigh that sounded more like a growl than anything.
"Can we not go one month without trying to rip each other to shreds?!" I shouted. Just then Professor Dumbledore, the new headmaster, walked into the tower. He wore a look of disappointment of his face when he saw the remnants of our fight.
"Professor, we can explain." Remus said to him. His look of disappointment became, if at all possible, more intense.
"Anything that needs explaining should not have been done. Follow me children." He said before turning and leaving the room.
Of course, Remus, James, and I had to fallow. We couldn't jump out of the window; that would have been suicide for anyone, and we didn't know how to apparate. The Marauders were stuck.
"So tell me, what is your excuse this time?" Dumbledore asked us, the look of disappointment still fresh on his face. I told him the story of what happened, and his look of disappointment turned to a look of relief.
"Well, I suppose you were trying to do the right thing. Except you, James." He said, turning his gaze to my twin. "You get two weeks of detention. Five o'clock, Professor Slughorn's office." He said, and James actually seemed to want to go to detention. It was probably so he could talk about Lily without raising suspicion.
"What about Sirius, Professor?" I asked him. James sent a smug look my way, but I payed it no attention.
"I will deal with Mr. Black, Miss Potter." Dumbledore said to me. "For now, boys go back to the Gryffindor common room, and Miss Potter go to the hospital wing. Then go to the Hufflepuff common room." He commanded. We all nodded and went our separate ways.

-~~-

"My Heavens, what happened to you?" The nurse asked when she saw the bleeding and bite marks on my shoulder.
"I misshap with an animal." I lied. She looked at me in understanding. Despite the fact that we try to keep the other Marauder's talent for transfiguration, some people have found out, like Lily and Sev, for instance. I nodded, confirming her suspicion that there was a fight.
"Well, I'm glad that you're okay. I gonna need some help during the year." She said, adding a wink. I was a Healer in training, so I probably could have fixed the bite myself, but orders are orders.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed. If you like books by me, please consider reading my other books from this account or from the account @gmcclurkan. That's all for this chapter!! Byebye!!